Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making the most of the situation.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The virus isn't a laughing matter unfortunately with people dying and the number rising on a daily basis, when we are all sat at home for 2 weeks with no money coming in which hopefully it won't get to that stage then no one will be laughing. 

Most of my jobs are on GC already and I have bought a card reader to avoid handling cash over the coming weeks, each time I go out of the house I have hand sanitiser with me and use it on a regular basis, went to the local shop yesterday and used sanitiser after the shop and only use contactless payments, peoples ignorance and complacency and lack of caution and cleanliness will see the virus spread.

The virus isn't a laughing matter unfortunately with people dying and the number rising on a daily basis, when we are all sat at home for 2 weeks with no money coming in which hopefully it won't get to that stage then no one will be laughing. 

Most of my jobs are on GC already and I have bought a card reader to avoid handling cash over the coming weeks, each time I go out of the house I have hand sanitiser with me and use it on a regular basis, went to the local shop yesterday and used sanitiser after the shop and only use contactless payments, peoples ignorance and complacency and lack of caution and cleanliness will see the virus spread.
The virus will spread regardless. We can do our best to avoid it with hand washing etc but it will run its course. To be honest the 2 week quarantine is nothing, think if your town/city goes into lockdown like some Italian cities are now. It could be a lot longer than 2 weeks without money! 

The virus will spread regardless. We can do our best to avoid it with hand washing etc but it will run its course. To be honest the 2 week quarantine is nothing, think if your town/city goes into lockdown like some Italian cities are now. It could be a lot longer than 2 weeks without money! 
I reckon some business will go under whether shop owners or sole traders who don't have savings to see them through. 

Yes definitely. It’s already happening with airlines. Only companies that are safe are Detol and domestos lol. 
It's been released for a reason IMHO firstly to deplete the population and effect global markets there will be some that are sitting in their ivory towers cashing in on this and as usual the common man is the one who really suffers. 

It's been released for a reason IMHO firstly to deplete the population and effect global markets there will be some that are sitting in their ivory towers cashing in on this and as usual the common man is the one who really suffers. 
I love a good conspiracy theory. It’s a new biological weapon to wipe out a few pensioners and ease the strain on the global economy.

Just imagine Andrex with their cute little puppy adverts are secretly a terrorist organisation unleashing bugs on the world in order to dominate the global bog roll markets muhahaha. 

I will probably use my card machine more over the coming months but I still have a fair few(usually retired folk)who pay me cash.....as for washing hands I wear nitrile gloves for work and have liquid soap in the van for cleaning hands before my lunch.......

I love a good conspiracy theory. It’s a new biological weapon to wipe out a few pensioners and ease the strain on the global economy.

Just imagine Andrex with their cute little puppy adverts are secretly a terrorist organisation unleashing bugs on the world in order to dominate the global bog roll markets muhahaha. 
Thing is in the Uk it could potentially kill 1,000's if that went in 10,000's think of the the impact that would have in terms of not paying out state pension and the reduction in NHS healthcare etc it would run into millions of pounds of savings for the state, as for China 

China is about 39 times bigger than United Kingdom.

United Kingdom is approximately 243,610 sq km, while China is approximately 9,596,960 sq km. Meanwhile, the population of United Kingdom is ~64.4 million people (1.3 billion more people live in China). I actually though China was smaller but their population and their impact on the world is massive, they limit child births as well so they would potentially be more inclined to want to reduce their numbers

As for loo rolls even the experts have no idea what some peoples obsession is with some people going out and buying £200 worth of loo roll, all the usual shop bought disinfectant's people are going out and buying them up, were as for myself and my wife we buy plant based ones and are outside the normal thinking box Bio D Sanitiser and certain things aimed at pets like Leucillin Spray they aren't possibly as cheap but they aren't sold at inflated prices like somethings are online neither are they chemicals which we chose not to have any toxic chemicals in our house. 

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I will probably use my card machine more over the coming months but I still have a fair few(usually retired folk)who pay me cash.....as for washing hands I wear nitrile gloves for work and have liquid soap in the van for cleaning hands before my lunch.......
I have the same plan as you and will be putting up a post on my FB page today and contacting those I have numbers for to make them aware and offer contactless or move to bacs 

Thing is in the Uk it could potentially kill 1,000's if that went in 10,000's think of the the impact that would have in terms of not paying out state pension and the reduction in NHS healthcare etc it would run into millions of pounds of savings for the state, as for China 

China is about 39 times bigger than United Kingdom.

United Kingdom is approximately 243,610 sq km, while China is approximately 9,596,960 sq km. Meanwhile, the population of United Kingdom is ~64.4 million people (1.3 billion more people live in China). I actually though China was smaller but their population and their impact on the world is massive, they limit child births as well so they would potentially be more inclined to want to reduce their numbers

As for loo rolls even the experts have no idea what some peoples obsession is with some people going out and buying £200 worth of loo roll, all the usual shop bought disinfectant's people are going out and buying them up, were as for myself and my wife we buy plant based ones and are outside the normal thinking box Bio D Sanitiser and certain things aimed at pets like Leucillin Spray they aren't possibly as cheap but they aren't sold at inflated prices like somethings are online neither are they chemicals which we chose not to have any toxic chemicals in our house. 
Oh I don’t doubt that it’s a viable way for governments to save money on pensions etc lol but would it be worth the colossal loss in GDP in the short-term if cities were locked down? 
hypothetically of course. 
I don’t see the point in me avoiding toxic chemicals personally. They’re in our food and water, plus I live next to a pharmaceutical factory, god knows what they pump into the air! ?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Most of mine pay by BACS anyway which suits me fine.i still always have a 'float' though(at least £100)in cash..... notes and coins..money is dirty though and can harbour germs of course but I cant see me being able to phase it out altogether.....some customers just prefer to pay me cash there and then.they always have for many years now......

I don’t see the point in me avoiding toxic chemicals personally. They’re in our food and water,
Not in our veg out of the allotment and I don't eat dead animals pumped full of ? I reckon I am better of than some , but these are mine and my wifes personal choices and we are all different. 

Haha yes I deciphered that.

Good on you, the more people like yourselves doing that means the less important it is that I have to! 
We should all be responsible for making some changes whether it is a slight diet change and doing more to protect our planet rather than take take take and hope that other people will sort out the mess we are in, the burning down of the Amazon rain forest to feed mans greed isn't any solution, continuing to use as much plastic as we do is an ever increasing issue and all of these issues are growing and getting worse,

we don't have kids so if I die and it all goes to ? so I don't have a care about my next generation, but I do care about making a positive change and helping to make changes that will help collectively with like minded people making the same or similar changes, I care about the planet more than I do for people, which are far less significant than they actually realise, yes been a wfp cleaner I may sound like a hypocrite because of my impact on a daily basis but I am trying to offset that in someway and of course with all things in life there is a balance and we sometimes have to accept a degree of compromise.

Rant over, hopefully not to preachy and not aimed at your good self directly I just thought it was worth writing now I am going to neck some vegan beer ? ?

We should all be responsible for making some changes whether it is a slight diet change and doing more to protect our planet rather than take take take and hope that other people will sort out the mess we are in, the burning down of the Amazon rain forest to feed mans greed isn't any solution, continuing to use as much plastic as we do is an ever increasing issue and all of these issues are growing and getting worse,

we don't have kids so if I die and it all goes to ? so I don't have a care about my next generation, but I do care about making a positive change and helping to make changes that will help collectively with like minded people making the same or similar changes, I care about the planet more than I do for people, which are far less significant than they actually realise, yes been a wfp cleaner I may sound like a hypocrite because of my impact on a daily basis but I am trying to offset that in someway and of course with all things in life there is a balance and we sometimes have to accept a degree of compromise.

Rant over, hopefully not to preachy and not aimed at your good self directly I just thought it was worth writing now I am going to neck some vegan beer ? ?
Sorry I glazed over about a sentence into that. I do eat vegetarian food sometimes ie. beans on toast ?. That’s about as far as I’m prepared to change my diet. 
Don’t worry about being preachy, no one actually reads posts like that from vegans,  we just pick out the odd word and pretend we listened to you while having our roast beef and Yorkshire’s cooked in lard. ?

Back