Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Budget on Wednesday

scottish cleaning service

Everyone might be better filling up this week with fuel. I think 2p a litre will be added to petrol and diesel because it has came down a fair bit. They might be scrapping the 5% vat on heating that the EU imposed but not until January when we leave the EU. Oil is $45 a barrel now and I expect it to fall a lot further, no demand in China. It will take about 18 months for everything to get back to normal which a lot of folk don't understand. I have a massive PW job next month so will be buying 100l of petrol. ?

Little changes on fuel really dont affect me much...certainly not worth worrying about plus I'm putting 250 jobs up from next month which will see me earn an extra £200+ a month for the same work

Never used to understand motorists qeueing at the pump on budget day to save what ends up less than a quid when finding fuel tax was going up a pence or two (nearly wrote penny) at midnight.

Ive seen many budgets over the years, and one thing that really annoys me is 'And we're taking a penny off a pint!'  whoopy, lets parteeee!!!!

And I dont know why they even bother, as not once did we ever get a reduction in price of our beer, quite the opposite in fact, big increases year on year, so now most drink at home. I know its coz of this or that bla bla. But if they were ever serious about it, they should've made sure people at the bar actually got these reductions. Anyway, thats my half pennorth, drink up now ?

Ive seen many budgets over the years, and one thing that really annoys me is 'And we're taking a penny off a pint!'  whoopy, lets parteeee!!!!

And I dont know why they even bother, as not once did we ever get a reduction in price of our beer, quite the opposite in fact, big increases year on year, so now most drink at home. I know its coz of this or that bla bla. But if they were ever serious about it, they should've made sure people at the bar actually got these reductions. Anyway, thats my half pennorth, drink up now ?
i dont drink or smoke anymore  so i dont care.....?

The small extra they give via national insurance contributions will be more than taken away by the year on year increases in council tax etc.

Back