Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Parking note.....

Had this stuck under my wiper. I was parked perfectly legally, not blocking any access etc. This is the 2nd note I've had off the same person, personally find it funny, what would you have done? 

View attachment 19613
 I cant read all of it, whats it say??

Had someone come out there house like I was about to be killed the other month because of where id parked. Some people. get it on the road as well. Blokes who are quite happy to go ape **** when you've done a minor mistake, yet its quite alright for them to do the same thing. Jerks.

I cant read all of it, whats it say??

Had someone come out there house like I was about to be killed the other month because of where id parked. Some people. get it on the road as well. Blokes who are quite happy to go ape **** when you've done a minor mistake, yet its quite alright for them to do the same thing. Jerks.
It's says "park here again and we'll get you booked"

I was parked on a terraced street once outside a neighbour of a customer, it would have been easy for me to move if asked politely, I like to be accommodating when reasonably possible however this idiot was went off on one immediately as he pulled up in his car he wanted to park directly outside his house my reply “ No, I’m not moving for you” and I gave him the don’t mess with me look ? he parked further down the street and was not happy ? 

no idea why people don’t just ask nicely.

Not single thing anyone can do when you are parked up in a street legally I can understand their frustration to a point, but they chose to live in a terraced street without any parking rights, I haven't taken new jobs in certain terraced streets for years because of parking an access issues

I had a guy pip his horn like mad at me when I was reversing into a residential marked bay for a flat that I clean, he started kicking off saying he was going to park there, I told him had no right at all and didn't have permission to do so, he claimed he did I then told him I had spoke to the owner the day before as this was an ongoing issue and he confirmed it, funny thing is this guy was living in a rented house that I clean for owner along with another house and 2 flats in the same little street ?

Had a few of these in my time. Got one ongoing now. They are adamant in parking outside my customers house instead of their own so I have to park outside theirs. They’ve rang the police and the local council and guess what, both have told me to crack on and ignore her. 

I have learned from Experience never to park in front of anyone's driveway. Take today for example. Drove up to clean my customer's detached house windows. Could have parked in front of their driveway because no car there. As I finished the back I began collecting my hose and walking round the front. Next thing I seen was a car reversing up the driveway. My customer was on early shift and was coming home and very happy I wasn't blocking his driveway. I know what upsets people and blocking their driveway is one of them. Today I parked at bottom of cul de sac and cleaned all my 5 detached houses by pulling out 50m of hose. It must have saved me an hour as I used to do one house, reel in the hose and move the van 20 feet. I will be doing that from now on and I know a landmark where to stop when walking with the hose. Used to put tape on hose but ended up with so much tape that I didn't know which was what so going back to landmarks that don't move. This game is so simple if one is prepared to stretch the legs a bit and keep out of peoples way so they can drive uninterrupted. ?  

I have learned from Experience never to park in front of anyone's driveway. Take today for example. Drove up to clean my customer's detached house windows. Could have parked in front of their driveway because no car there. As I finished the back I began collecting my hose and walking round the front. Next thing I seen was a car reversing up the driveway. My customer was on early shift and was coming home and very happy I wasn't blocking his driveway. I know what upsets people and blocking their driveway is one of them. Today I parked at bottom of cul de sac and cleaned all my 5 detached houses by pulling out 50m of hose. It must have saved me an hour as I used to do one house, reel in the hose and move the van 20 feet. I will be doing that from now on and I know a landmark where to stop when walking with the hose. Used to put tape on hose but ended up with so much tape that I didn't know which was what so going back to landmarks that don't move. This game is so simple if one is prepared to stretch the legs a bit and keep out of peoples way so they can drive uninterrupted. ?  
No ones talking about blocking people’s drives, they are talking about parking outside somebody’s house against the kerb ??

I have a customer that moans about her neighbours, moans about anyone parking on the street, moans about junk mail, moans about new houses being built, moans about fireworks same sh!t every month some people just have nothing to do with their lives. Don’t let them grind you down keep parking their every month and keep us updated ? 

I have a customer that moans about her neighbours, moans about anyone parking on the street, moans about junk mail, moans about new houses being built, moans about fireworks same sh!t every month some people just have nothing to do with their lives. Don’t let them grind you down keep parking their every month and keep us updated ? 
Do you clean my wife’s windows? ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had this too...of course i always avoid parking over driveways but if your on a public road theres nothing they can do!

The best thing to do is remain cheerful and laugh...they hate that!also if u can take the mick out of them in some way while their waffling on.....I even sprayed a woman with water once from my wfp....she was not best pleased and said she was calling the police!they never came though.....??

Next time you park there, wait for her to come out, then if she says she gonna get you booked offer to ring them yourself. Watch her flap and back down, or if you do get them to come out watch the police tell her to wind her neck in ?

so i had a guy complain cos i parked outside his house(leagally) after reading him the highway code and telling him to do one he wasnt happy....6 months on and he is well miffed cos now i deliberately park outside his house and wave at him every time i work his street ??

Latest Posts

Back