Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buffer tanks......

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Glazenwasser (.NL)

Hi guys ....being a pw newbie I have this far been able to feed my 250bar21lpm beast from a 1000ibc on a trailer....I will be shortly getting a new van but am loathed to take up sp much room with such a large tank.

I am primarily wfp for most of my work and pw is the cream work or that's the plan over the next years then things may change...who knows?

Anyone else is the same position I.e wfp & pw? What size tank do you use, perhaps you run 2 tanks I.e 1 for 000tds water and the other as the pw feed/buffer.

Love to hear about your setup

Cheers Dave.

All you do is carry a 280l or 360l wheelie bin with you in the van. All your stuff for PW goes into the wheelie bin. Once you park at PW job, then you automatically plug the bin hose into their outside tap and turn it on. Then you get ready for the task at hand, the wheelie bin will be full or nearly full when you are ready. When you price a job, you have to check for outside tap and the pressure it has. If no tap then you check the neighbours for taps. No taps then you can't do job till they fit one. We don't carry water about with us and never use pure because the hose can contaminate our tank. fwiw

All you do is carry a 280l or 360l wheelie bin with you in the van. All your stuff for PW goes into the wheelie bin. Once you park at PW job, then you automatically plug the bin hose into their outside tap and turn it on. Then you get ready for the task at hand, the wheelie bin will be full or nearly full when you are ready. When you price a job, you have to check for outside tap and the pressure it has. If no tap then you check the neighbours for taps. No taps then you can't do job till they fit one. We don't carry water about with us and never use pure because the hose can contaminate our tank. fwiw
And you find you can do a 100 sq meter job no problems with say a 250 tank? My pw also has a return to tank by pass like yours I imagine. 

And you find you can do a 100 sq meter job no problems with say a 250 tank? My pw also has a return to tank by pass like yours I imagine. 
280l bin will last 15mins but if plugged into outside tap then I get 20mins from poor pressure. Good pressure and I can go an hour before I overrun supply. Usually all the places I do have an outside tap near them. I carry two 30m garden hoses with me. Only problem I have found is poor water pressure, that's a right pita.

Hi guys ....being a pw newbie I have this far been able to feed my 250bar21lpm beast from a 1000ibc on a trailer....I will be shortly getting a new van but am loathed to take up sp much room with such a large tank.

I am primarily wfp for most of my work and pw is the cream work or that's the plan over the next years then things may change...who knows?

Anyone else is the same position I.e wfp & pw? What size tank do you use, perhaps you run 2 tanks I.e 1 for 000tds water and the other as the pw feed/buffer.

Love to hear about your setup

Cheers Dave.
I use a 240 ltr wheely bin my machine is the same output as yours , I fill it before starting a job and most of the time I don’t run out using the customers tap to keep it full 

280l bin will last 15mins but if plugged into outside tap then I get 20mins from poor pressure. Good pressure and I can go an hour before I overrun supply. Usually all the places I do have an outside tap near them. I carry two 30m garden hoses with me. Only problem I have found is poor water pressure, that's a right pita.
Thanks for that....most flow I get around here is around 15 to 22lpm just trying to work out the best solution before my new van arrives to cope with both wfp & pw, space, weight etc.... but again many thanks.

Latest Posts

Back