Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What finishing treatment to use

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNCW

Hi all

Hope ya sound ?

Just wondering what type of chemical you can use to give a finish on a patio or drive please?

Was going to spray disinfectant down when done but i started using hypo now and not sure if its okay to put disinfectant down as traces of hypo will be present...(got some scented disinfectant to use to finish off) 

Why i ask is i have a drive and path to clean,imprinted stuff with a resin seal on it already ...im only cleaning it as its gone a bit mossy and wanted to give a top class job for customers and not just clean with water,as dont want to use hypo on this one...?

Any help is appreciated 

Kind regards ?

A few of us don't touch that imprinted driveways. The moment you PW it some of the sealer can come away or worse the colour fads and you are left with white patches then the customer starts nipping your head to fix it. I feel its not worth the hassle and always bodyswerve them. Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

A few of us don't touch that imprinted driveways. The moment you PW it some of the sealer can come away or worse the colour fads and you are left with white patches then the customer starts nipping your head to fix it. I feel its not worth the hassle and always bodyswerve them. Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.
Hey Scottish cleaning services bro?

A big thank you for that man....ya know what bud,been doing odd patios and drives for years ,for window clean customers with a small machine ,but only just bought a better machine and rotary,plus new van to start getting serious about PW as i enjoy it m8..? and never been asked to clean a resin drive before...infact a customer asked before but was to busy at the time,so never went to price it..but wont turn any jobs down now as passed my cleaning rounds to staff now & this my main job....

Anyway sorry to ramble on m8,im glad u told me that bro?...i did mention to him that bits could come off and might not come up as he expects it to,just to cover my back incase it was a **** result..?..erm might just go see him m8 and explain that i can clean it but will prob need re sealing afterwards....i did reduce the price to £2 m2 then reduced again by £45 as he uses us for his window cleaning,but hey m8 i really appreciate the heads up...i know for future quotes like that....?

Every days a school day bro ✌

Thanks again pal

Kindest regards ?  

Also will let you know the result if i carnt talk him out of the job pal ???

I am not a pressure wash guy, Scottish is totally correct though and once that sealer is off if the colour dye is compromised you will be left with a big headache of ordering a coloured sealer which will have to be darker possibly, going back to re-clean and then apply the sealer 

Custy of mine has had a concrete imprint down for a good few years he asked 2 guys to pw it they wouldn't touch it, he and his son did it themselves but managed to buy a coloured sealer which was darker, the colour from new had faded and sealer had worn away in areas, he fully understood what was needed but didn't want the hassle of pressure washing it as he is in his 70's but had already researched the sealer beforehand and had bought it, so his eyes were wide open and he fully understood what it all entailed 

Totally agree with the main thoughts here.... I have only had to quote 2 and I priced them so high knowing I wouldn't get it.  Somethings are just best left to someone else (just not me ?).

I'm sure there are plenty here who will but just take a double think.

Cheers Dave.

I am not a pressure wash guy, Scottish is totally correct though and once that sealer is off if the colour dye is compromised you will be left with a big headache of ordering a coloured sealer which will have to be darker possibly, going back to re-clean and then apply the sealer 

Custy of mine has had a concrete imprint down for a good few years he asked 2 guys to pw it they wouldn't touch it, he and his son did it themselves but managed to buy a coloured sealer which was darker, the colour from new had faded and sealer had worn away in areas, he fully understood what was needed but didn't want the hassle of pressure washing it as he is in his 70's but had already researched the sealer beforehand and had bought it, so his eyes were wide open and he fully understood what it all entailed 
Hey iron giant bro?

Thank you for your input man....im so glad i came on this forum now...what a pack of top lads you all are ?

Im going to go see the customer and ask him if he still wants the clean and let him know what  i have took on board now ?

Thank you bro ?

Kind regards

?

Totally agree with the main thoughts here.... I have only had to quote 2 and I priced them so high knowing I wouldn't get it.  Somethings are just best left to someone else (just not me ?).

I'm sure there are plenty here who will but just take a double think.

Cheers Dave.
Hey dave bro ?

Looking like its a very bad move cleaning these resin sealed drives now my friend ?

Im going to see the customer and explain what i have learned on here....and in future i will just give them a miss dave ✊

Thank you man ?

Kindest regards

?

Thank you guys for all your input...

Proper set of good lads ?

Really appreciate it...going to see customer and let you all know how it went and if i clean it still...ill report back on here how it went....

Thank you again guys 

?

Kind regards ?

Back