Shammy Davis Senior

Generator on wheels

Shammy Davis Senior

Can anyone recommend a generator on wheels. Needs to run 3,000 watt guttervac in a large hospital without complete vehicular access. 

Part Timer

I bought a 6.5kva from SGS 18 months ago. Works for hours with no problems, up to now. Beast of a thing though, weighs 97kgs.

scottish cleaning service
6 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I bought a 6.5kva from SGS 18 months ago. Works for hours with no problems, up to now. Beast of a thing though, weighs 97kgs.

How many Kw does it give out PT?

Part Timer
9 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

How many Kw does it give out PT?

20200312_090432.jpg

Was going to get a 5ka but you have persuaded me to go for 6.5kva. Would be better when running a 3.6kw Vac because you don't need to run gennie on full power. The new one on a frame is only 71kgs but I would be leaving in van and using 100m extension.

Part Timer
5 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Was going to get a 5ka but you have persuaded me to go for 6.5kva. Would be better when running a 3.6kw Vac because you don't need to run gennie on full power. The new one on a frame is only 71kgs but I would be leaving in van and using 100m extension.

Make sure the cable is strong enough to run over that distance. I run a heavy duty 25m 110w extension and that gets warm after a while.

Shammy Davis Senior
20 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Out of stock! 

14 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Make sure the cable is strong enough to run over that distance. I run a heavy duty 25m 110w extension and that gets warm after a while.

I forgot about that, maybe need 6mm or even 10mm extension cable, I will verify with my wee brother (electrician). cheers

Part Timer
3 minutes ago, Shammy Davis Senior said:

Out of stock! 

Probably made in China 🤣

19 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Probably made in China 🤣

The knew saying is:- was made in China 😂 We will just need to make our own now rather than putting them in a new British box.

DCDom

Im going for one of these from rutland pumps for my skyvac industrial. 

Loncin 6kw Electric Start Generator LC8000

Cheaper than a few other brands but heard only good reports for Loncin.

40 minutes ago, DCDom said:

I think I will get that one as well. Didn't know Rutland did them and I like the idea of electric start but don't like the 86kg weight. cheers DCDom

Pjj
1 hour ago, DCDom said:

Never owned a loncin but have Hurd a lot of good reports about them , key start is good but it’s something else that needs maintenance and adds a lot of weight 

DCDom
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I think I will get that one as well. Didn't know Rutland did them and I like the idea of electric start but don't like the 86kg weight. cheers DCDom

No Worries!, yeah I thought that myself, just looking at some ramps now for easy access into the van! 🙂

1 hour ago, Pjj said:

Never owned a loncin but have Hurd a lot of good reports about them , key start is good but it’s something else that needs maintenance and adds a lot of weight 

What sort of maintenance is required for key start?

Cheers

Pjj
2 minutes ago, DCDom said:

No Worries!, yeah I thought that myself, just looking at some ramps now for easy access into the van! 🙂

What sort of maintenance is required for key start?

Cheers

It’s a case of checking  the battery is charged up especially if you use it infrequently then if it goes flat and you don’t  realise it it can damage it and needs replacing , where as pull start you don’t  have those issues and it’s quite a few kg lighter , dont get me wrong key  start is very nice if used every day , but fir occasional use I think it’s more hassle than it’s worth .

9 hours ago, Pjj said:

It’s a case of checking  the battery is charged up especially if you use it infrequently then if it goes flat and you don’t  realise it it can damage it and needs replacing , where as pull start you don’t  have those issues and it’s quite a few kg lighter , dont get me wrong key  start is very nice if used every day , but fir occasional use I think it’s more hassle than it’s worth .

Got the key start on my PW and its well worth it as I have it in the van now. As you say, you need to use it every week or it will die.

Just now, DCDom said:

Great, was wanting some that folded up too! 

Cheers 🙂

Aye, but he doesn't come back till June. 😉

DCDom
22 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Got the key start on my PW and its well worth it as I have it in the van now. As you say, you need to use it every week or it will die.

Ok, that shouldn't be a problem.

Thinking of running the PW from 750ltr x-line tank, and having wheelie bin on fill, then swap??