Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Generator on wheels

Was going to get a 5ka but you have persuaded me to go for 6.5kva. Would be better when running a 3.6kw Vac because you don't need to run gennie on full power. The new one on a frame is only 71kgs but I would be leaving in van and using 100m extension.

Was going to get a 5ka but you have persuaded me to go for 6.5kva. Would be better when running a 3.6kw Vac because you don't need to run gennie on full power. The new one on a frame is only 71kgs but I would be leaving in van and using 100m extension.
Make sure the cable is strong enough to run over that distance. I run a heavy duty 25m 110w extension and that gets warm after a while.

Im going for one of these from rutland pumps for my skyvac industrial. 

Loncin 6kw Electric Start Generator LC8000

Cheaper than a few other brands but heard only good reports for Loncin.

I think I will get that one as well. Didn't know Rutland did them and I like the idea of electric start but don't like the 86kg weight. cheers DCDom

Never owned a loncin but have Hurd a lot of good reports about them , key start is good but it’s something else that needs maintenance and adds a lot of weight 

I think I will get that one as well. Didn't know Rutland did them and I like the idea of electric start but don't like the 86kg weight. cheers DCDom
No Worries!, yeah I thought that myself, just looking at some ramps now for easy access into the van! ?

Never owned a loncin but have Hurd a lot of good reports about them , key start is good but it’s something else that needs maintenance and adds a lot of weight 
What sort of maintenance is required for key start?

Cheers

No Worries!, yeah I thought that myself, just looking at some ramps now for easy access into the van! ?

What sort of maintenance is required for key start?

Cheers
It’s a case of checking  the battery is charged up especially if you use it infrequently then if it goes flat and you don’t  realise it it can damage it and needs replacing , where as pull start you don’t  have those issues and it’s quite a few kg lighter , dont get me wrong key  start is very nice if used every day , but fir occasional use I think it’s more hassle than it’s worth .

It’s a case of checking  the battery is charged up especially if you use it infrequently then if it goes flat and you don’t  realise it it can damage it and needs replacing , where as pull start you don’t  have those issues and it’s quite a few kg lighter , dont get me wrong key  start is very nice if used every day , but fir occasional use I think it’s more hassle than it’s worth .
Got the key start on my PW and its well worth it as I have it in the van now. As you say, you need to use it every week or it will die.

Ok, that shouldn't be a problem.

Thinking of running the PW from 750ltr x-line tank, and having wheelie bin on fill, then swap??
I have a 650l tank but it holds pure so I never use it in case I contaminate the tank and it messes with my window cleaning. If I can't get access to outside tap then I don't want the job. I streaked all my windows once with a contaminated brush, never again, nightmare but my customers stuck by me when I did them again for free.

Latest Posts

Back