Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another Gardiner package.

Den

Massive difference going to make the Juliet railing a lot easier.
Good call Den - only had my new brush with the 'previous' push fit rubbish fittings, used a 10-12 days and now it keeps popping out (5times today)- I see it as a defect - 'product not fit for purpose' and given your post will being ask Gardiners' for a replacement for a 'faulty product'...rant over...good shout though never spotted this 'upgrade'

Last edited by a moderator:
Good call Den - only had my new brush with the 'previous' push fit rubbish fittings, used a 10-12 days and now it keeps popping out (5times today)- I see it as a defect - 'product not fit for purpose' and given your post will being ask Gardiners' for a replacement for a 'faulty product'...rant over...good shout though never spotted this 'upgrade'
I have been using the jet capsules for ages and never had a problem, IMO I think they are a upgrade especially if using fan jets as I snapped a few 100 degree fan jets. 

Just to add the pole hose should be 11cm from the top of the pole to the tee connector if using a univalve. 

I used pencil's, never a problem - same brush/jets for years - I guess they've gone with the fixed elbow for a reason ?

Ordered yesterday received today another extreme 18 and some other bits and bob ?

Ordered a few of the close coupled hose assembly see link below.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/whats-new/close-coupled-jet-hose-assembly.html

Fitted them on all my extremes 26cm when I got home seem to work well with a quick test on my own home. 

Massive difference going to make the Juliet railing a lot easier.

Couple of photos for comparison.

View attachment 19655

View attachment 19656

View attachment 19657

View attachment 19658
Huuum that looks like a good idear I keep catching mine on Juliet balconies and gutters when doing plastic cleans , will have to look into getting some on my next order .

Also looks like there is less chance of the hose commingled out of the jet  capsule I find that the centres of them keep popping out , looks like that fitting might prevent that ,Ime assuming it’s a John guest fitting ?.. 

I have made black marks on the door step before with the John guest tee connector hopefully this may cure that problem will test out next week. 

Huuum that looks like a good idear I keep catching mine on Juliet balconies and gutters when doing plastic cleans , will have to look into getting some on my next order .
That's the reason mine keep slipping out, bars on the windows of new flats. Will pick some up with my next order and I'm also getting an extreme 18 so I have the full set. Sun was shining today in Scotland and  I sanded a few PW jobs. Only took me an hour and 5 bags of dry sand to sand 150 square metres. Hard brush then a soft brush and finally a quick going over with my Battery Stihl Blower.

Oohh get you and your Stihl (none the less) blower - seriously Scottish would you recommend a blower - have wondered this for a while but concluded a quick soft bristle brush sorts any itinerant sand? Would value your input

Also looks like there is less chance of the hose commingled out of the jet  capsule I find that the centres of them keep popping out , looks like that fitting might prevent that ,Ime assuming it’s a John guest fitting ?.. 
Yes John guest ? as said to @NoNameI haven’t experience any problems with the jet capsules, I use pencil jets. 

Yes John guest ? as said to @NoNameI haven’t experience any problems with the jet capsules, I use pencil jets. 
I have the 2 mm jet capsules on some brushes and have had the centres on some brushes pop out a number of times , I think it’s due to the hose hitting window  frames ,walls and lintels , I think the things that @Den posted would probably prevent this happening .

I have the 2 mm jet capsules on some brushes and have had the centres on some brushes pop out a number of times , I think it’s due to the hose hitting window  frames ,walls and lintels , I think the things that @Den posted would probably prevent this happening .
Really strange never had this happen, remember a while back that someone suggested if using a univalve and swivel the pole hose joining the tee connector  had to be a certain length otherwise the centre of the jets could pop out? I use u ivalve and swivel on all 8 poles  Might be luck that that mine are just set up right as hadn’t had any issues. 

I think it's a product defect - I've got swivel and uni - but ensure sufficient jet hose is 'available' above the goose neck (I've got a shoaxing? hose strop) - tbh I suspect the plastic capsules don't have sufficient 'grip' to keep them 'in' when 'tugged' on a balony etc..which is obviously foreseeable - hence product not fit for purposes imho

Really strange never had this happen, remember a while back that someone suggested if using a univalve and swivel the pole hose joining the tee connector  had to be a certain length otherwise the centre of the jets could pop out? I use u ivalve and swivel on all 8 poles  Might be luck that that mine are just set up right as hadn’t had any issues. 
We don’t use swivels or univalves 

Pjj you should, they are both big positives...imho
I did have a univalve soon after they came out it lasted all of 6 months or so , was never a fan of it to be honest I find it far easier to pinch the hose over and stick it in the end of the pole.  I accept that you loose a bit of water when extending the pole but if I loose a gallon of water per day that’s it probably  half that in fact . With about 16 + poles it would also cost a fortune ???? and it’s something else to go wrong as I found out ???

Swivels I have never yet come across a situation where it’s needed ??? You cannot use them when doing plastic cleans or building wash downs just don’t  see the point in them 

If I running short of pure then I use the univalve quite a lot and saves the day. Couldn't work without it, great invention.
I've got an 800l tank so never run low on pure but I kinda got a uni to stop my custy's getting stressed when we're chatting... unreal the amount of custy's who say 'oh look I'm wasting all your water'

I did have a univalve soon after they came out it lasted all of 6 months or so , was never a fan of it to be honest I find it far easier to pinch the hose over and stick it in the end of the pole.  I accept that you loose a bit of water when extending the pole but if I loose a gallon of water per day that’s it probably  half that in fact . 

Swivels I have never yet come across a situation where it’s needed ??? You cannot use them when doing plastic cleans or building wash downs just don’t  see the point in them 
THey are brilliant on the glass but On gutters, facias then Your right I prefer a rigid neck saying that we no longer cleaning them I pass them onto a fella that only does gutter and plastics cleaning not windows. 

Back