Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

UBIK on these types of window?

BWC

Hi again everyone.

I have picked up a new customer recently. It’s a beautiful house, but they have decided to use me because they weren’t happy with the last window cleaner (leaving the odd streak and being too nosey apparently) 

Ill attach a picture at the bottom. Around the back it’s floor to ceiling glass. She has told me it’s triple glazed and not self cleaning. I think the frames are painted UPVC but could be wrong but this is why I thought there could of been the odd streak left after water run off from the frames. 

My my question is has anyone else come across this type of window and if so could I use UBIK to sort them out before going over with pure water?

I know the picture isn’t great. 

Thanks for your time again 

D6B15EE0-1757-44E7-AD8D-D5C4BE245DF4.jpeg

We use Virosol , but only if it’s a very dirty first clean, give it a double clean making sure you scrub all the openers well good rinse and hopefully it will be ok , by the time you have finished the lot most will be dry enough to see if there are any problems. 

I have a job with the same type of windows and used Ubik on the first clean as required, just because it's a first clean doesn't mean you have to use Ubik even bad jobs still come up good without it,

some wfper's give a job a deep clean first time around or not and just give the frames a quick swipe over with the brush on every clean, which to me isn't sufficient as dirt will be building up over time behind the openers a full and thorough clean first time, every time is what I always do. 

Personally wouldn't bother with any chemicals on a relative new build. Plenty of scrubbing and extra rinsing does the job for me.

I would have a good look round to see where the runs are. Do these first then go back and have a look to see if there is a problem.

I have a job with the same type of windows and used Ubik on the first clean as required, just because it's a first clean doesn't mean you have to use Ubik even bad jobs still come up good without it,

some wfper's give a job a deep clean first time around or not and just give the frames a quick swipe over with the brush on every clean, which to me isn't sufficient as dirt will be building up over time behind the openers a full and thorough clean first time, every time is what I always do. 
That is the sort of standard I like to keep. It will make my job easier on the following maintenance cleans 

I only use ubik  or no nonsense degreaser if the frames are green with algae or black with mould if only dirt/cobwebs would clean them twice ?

We use Virosol , but only if it’s a very dirty first clean, give it a double clean making sure you scrub all the openers well good rinse and hopefully it will be ok , by the time you have finished the lot most will be dry enough to see if there are any problems. 
I been defaulting to always using virosol on first cleans for new monhtly customers - i was thinking if i degrease the glass straight away i will have higher standard glass to clean for the future months + the plastic gets a good clean aswell. Not sure if i'm over doing it but results seems good so far. unfortunately no hot water so gotta use more products than you hot water guys i guess

I been defaulting to always using virosol on first cleans for new monhtly customers - i was thinking if i degrease the glass straight away i will have higher standard glass to clean for the future months + the plastic gets a good clean aswell. Not sure if i'm over doing it but results seems good so far. unfortunately no hot water so gotta use more products than you hot water guys i guess
What you are doing is good just carry on with that way of doing it ? 

Same position as you mate. My thinking is start with highest standard and you cant go far wrong in the future. My only concern was using UBIK on this type of window and portentously staining the frames 

Same position as you mate. My thinking is start with highest standard and you cant go far wrong in the future. My only concern was using UBIK on this type of window and portentously staining the frames 
Hi your worried I would rub a tiny non prominent area with ubik and see what happens when you rub over it with a washing up spongee / brush 

If you want the glass to be as clean as you can get it then there is only one way to do it. Get your mop and put it in hot water with some window liquid and apply all over the glass. Then get a 6" Unger Scraper and scrap every bit of that glass, only then will you see any defects. Then you can trad it or wfp it and it will come up like new. I do that with all my first cleans and makes life a lot easier later on.

Back