Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Degreaser on Solar Panel Cleans

DeLaCruz

Got a decent solar panel job coming up soon - was planning on using a degreaser then scrubbing the panels / hosing it off - is using a degreaser on solar panels fine (my gut says it shouldn't do any damage if mixed correctly) - anyone have experience with using Virosol / Ubik type products on these panels ?

Got a decent solar panel job coming up soon - was planning on using a degreaser then scrubbing the panels / hosing it off - is using a degreaser on solar panels fine (my gut says it shouldn't do any damage if mixed correctly) - anyone have experience with using Virosol / Ubik type products on these panels ?
I don’t see that it will hurt solar panels but when we used to do large ground mount arrays for the manufacturer they said no chemicals were to be used on them 

Stay with pure water no chems on solar. it will bite you, if those panels go bad and then the've got someone to blame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back