scottish cleaning service

Joining hose together

I was wanting to join Pu hose to PU hose to make it longer on my reel. Was looking for a double male connection if there is such a thing? Any help most welcome.

Nudel

Sure: https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/fittings-barbs-adapters-etc/hose-fittings-barb-to-barb/brass-equal-barbed-hose-mender-joiner-5mm-to-5mm.html

Most plumber supplies should have something similar.

To avoid snags I'd recommend you encase it in thermal plastic, or at least some tape.

If it's a rare use case you could use a simple push fit connector. If you want to be able to detach it repeatedly, use ez snap.

karl73091

I've just bought a brass hose joiner on eBay , but like someone said , wrap It up , otherwise  will cut fingers when reeling in

2 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Cheers PT, found one of those and joined them up. Then wrapped it in insulation tape in case the hot water loosens it. Fed up dragging that 10mm insulated hose all over the place. Should have done it ages ago but never got round to it. Just remembered I still have windows to clean which I totally forgot about.

Robbo

If it were me, I would buy the total length of PU hose and replace the lot. It's not that expensive. 

1 hour ago, Robbo said:

If it were me, I would buy the total length of PU hose and replace the lot. It's not that expensive. 

Yes, that will be my next step but I have so much lying around due to the new poles i bought. I am just going to wait till I spring a leak and buy 100m of the stuff. I don't have a lot of wfp each month so I may be waiting a while.

Skxawng

If you put a bit of heat shrink tubing over the join, It'll stop it snagging on things.