Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Transit T350 - 19 mpg , Shall I change the van ?

Iurie

Hey  everyone 

for over 2 years i noticed that my Transit is quite thirsty  and this week  i did a full tank  then  drove 63.3  miles and filled the tank again -  It needed 15 Litres to the brim  which  seems to be 19 MPG Is that something normal  or shall i consider changing my van ?  My previous transit did  about 28 -30 mpg ( swb T280 ) 

This one is a RWD  high roof , mid wheel base ,  2.2  63 REG  with 65k on the clock  mainly driven in town with a 700L tank 

What MPG do you guys get and what do you drive 

Many thanks  

Hey  everyone 

for over 2 years i noticed that my Transit is quite thirsty  and this week  i did a full tank  then  drove 63.3  miles and filled the tank again -  It needed 15 Litres to the brim  which  seems to be 19 MPG Is that something normal  or shall i consider changing my van ?  My previous transit did  about 28 -30 mpg ( swb T280 ) 

This one is a RWD  high roof , mid wheel base ,  2.2  63 REG  with 65k on the clock  mainly driven in town with a 700L tank 

What MPG do you guys get and what do you drive 

Many thanks  
 I got an old 04 reg transit connect, 1.8. seem to get roughly 120 off £20, so would that be about 35 mpg? if your stopping and starting in town all the time and not getting any decent runs it will be fairly poor I'd have thought.

I had a t350, I swear to god it coughed everytime I drove past a petrol station was def getting less than 20mpg, and was too big so chopped it in for a Vito. Best decision I made.?

I had a t350, I swear to god it coughed everytime I drove past a petrol station was def getting less than 20mpg, and was too big so chopped it in for a Vito. Best decision I made.?
Luckily ive sold mine few days ago -  have a little van / car (qubo)  and does nearly 50mpg in town with 250L tank 

Every morning  when I go to work  puts a smile on my face   - takes me 3 times less fuel , road tax 20 quid  and I changed the engine oil yesterday , under 4 L was enough  comparing with 11 L in the ford T350

Last edited by a moderator:
Got two 350s. One 2.2, one 2.4.

both do about 28/gallon. With a ton of water.

Not sure what to get next. Heard bad things about the newer trannies?

What’s the payload like?
The 3500 SWB has a payload of circa 1600kgs. They are very hard to find. I have an H2 MWB that has a payload of circa 1570kgs.

I have a 800l tank, hot water system, R/O and filters, booster pump, twin stack electric reels etc and this grosses 3300kgs. 

Message me and I'll tell you where I got mine from. It's got alloy wheels etc so isn't bog standard.

I can only buy German vans, my conscience will not allow me to buy anything else. My Crafter is 12yrs old with 70k on the clock and still going strong. Not very good on the juice but at £1.08 a litre now it doesn't seem to matter.

I can only buy German vans, my conscience will not allow me to buy anything else. My Crafter is 12yrs old with 70k on the clock and still going strong. Not very good on the juice but at £1.08 a litre now it doesn't seem to matter.
This bloke I know had a strange one with his vw caddy. Came to a stop half way out of a busy junction. Apparently not even able/allowed to push it to the side. he was stuck there ages, very dodgy. Wouldnt want a vehicle where that was possible. Id presumed you would always at least be able to push it to the side. What could that've been? No accident etc so must've been some thing odd.

This bloke I know had a strange one with his vw caddy. Came to a stop half way out of a busy junction. Apparently not even able/allowed to push it to the side. he was stuck there ages, very dodgy. Wouldnt want a vehicle where that was possible. Id presumed you would always at least be able to push it to the side. What could that've been? No accident etc so must've been some thing odd.
Aye, I never cleaned out my DPF and my van went into limp mode. £140 to get it cleaned out so I always go for a run down the motorway every 200 miles.

Aye, I never cleaned out my DPF and my van went into limp mode. £140 to get it cleaned out so I always go for a run down the motorway every 200 miles.
This bloke at a garage showed me to pull this little rubber tube off of gawd knows where, Dont know about engines so im not sure what it was for, but since then, no black soot up the back of the exhaust and it went through last mot fine. Always wonder what that pipe/tube was for, but vans fine with it disconnected so suits me fine. £1200 nearly 3 years ago, 105k on clock. Think id get electric van in future if price dropped enough.

Back