Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Water Fed Starter Kit Options

Shane84

Hello I've been washing windows part time for quite a while now using traditional methods (ladder etc) and every now and again ill come across a house with windows that are pretty difficult to get at or where i have to climb onto a roof to get at them.

So recently for safety reasons more than anything I have been thinking of purchasing a backpack waterfed starter kit (I've been looking at a few on wcw). And i just thought id ask what's my best options in regards to a backpack starter kit.? 

Also what would be my best bet in terms of getting pure water for this type of water fed system..... I can't imagine id need a huge amount of pure water, maybe 2 x 25L containers would be more than enough for a round. As i have no experience with pure water or water fed systems any feedback would be greatly appreciated ? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello I've been washing windows part time for quite a while now using traditional methods (ladder etc) and every now and again ill come across a house with windows that are pretty difficult to get at or where i have to climb onto a roof to get at them.

So recently for safety reasons more than anything I have been thinking of purchasing a backpack waterfed starter kit (I've been looking at a few on wcw). And i just thought id ask what's my best options in regards to a backpack starter kit.? 

Also what would be my best bet in terms of getting pure water for this type of water fed system..... I can't imagine id need a huge amount of pure water, maybe 2 x 25L containers would be more than enough for a round. As i have no experience with pure water or water fed systems any feedback would be greatly appreciated ? thanks
I used a Gardiner backpack on a trolley for some awkward access jobs when I first started and was learning. From memory I think I was getting about 2 houses from a 25 litre can. I'd maybe get 3 houses now with more experience and better equipment, I'd say. Two of us use about 500 - 600 litres a day for 20 - 30 houses. 50 litres at the rate I was using in the backpack will do no more than about 4 or 5 houses I'd say. You will need to find a pure water supplier near you and you will need to get some more cans or a tank to carry it in. 

Nothing is ever straight forward, I'm afraid. Good luck. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back