Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

3 men 1 van wfp

CHWS

Does anybody operate with 3 men in 1 van with wfp? I’m thinking about bringing my cousin with us to help as he won’t be at school as off now. I’m currently running a waterworks system. Is the best option to get a trolley system for 3rd man ? Also how much extra water is ideal to carry for it ? 

Does anybody operate with 3 men in 1 van with wfp? I’m thinking about bringing my cousin with us to help as he won’t be at school as off now. I’m currently running a waterworks system. Is the best option to get a trolley system for 3rd man ? Also how much extra water is ideal to carry for it ? 
Yes we do on some of our bigger jobs I have all my vans with at least three pumps on them so we can all work independently, provided you have a big enough tank of water or supply to fill as you are working it’s good also remember that the batteries will need to be a higher amp hour due to the extra draw . 

We have 1000 ltr systems with three pumps on each , water wise it depends on flow rate , we generally fill as we are working on some larger jobs we use around 1500-2000 ltr per day with 3 guys per van but  that’s working on one site for  8 hours without moving and doing window after window with no tea breaks ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes we do on some of our bigger jobs I have all my vans with at least three pumps on them so we can all work independently, provided you have a big enough tank of water or supply to fill as you are working it’s good also remember that the batteries will need to be a higher amp hour due to the extra draw . 
Do you use a trolley mate or all running of a main tank ? 

That’s some going water wise ?

do yous all work from the back doors then ? 

ive a spare power up reel ready to go and a spare pump ?

That’s some going water wise ?

do yous all work from the back doors then ? 

ive a spare power up reel ready to go and a spare pump ?
With my set up I have two fixed reels in the van with floor roller system , I can also use free standing hoses as well or instead of the fixed if needed , I have on odd occasions run 6 reels from the three pumps , but one pump per hose works better , I have outlets under the bumper to connect free standing hoses to 

With my set up I have two fixed reels in the van with floor roller system , I can also use free standing hoses as well or instead of the fixed if needed , I have on odd occasions run 6 reels from the three pumps , but one pump per hose works better , I have outlets under the bumper to connect free standing hoses to 
6 reels ?! You would be better with an oil tanker with pure ?

6 reels ?! You would be better with an oil tanker with pure ?
We only did that a couple of times ,but yes it does  work but not efficiently enough it’s far better one pump one hose . With a booster pump fitted I can produce water faster than 6 reels working will use .

2 lads on van mount and 1 man on a mobile system ;) works good if your houses all together :D

Back