CHWS

3 men 1 van wfp

CHWS

Does anybody operate with 3 men in 1 van with wfp? I’m thinking about bringing my cousin with us to help as he won’t be at school as off now. I’m currently running a waterworks system. Is the best option to get a trolley system for 3rd man ? Also how much extra water is ideal to carry for it ? 

Pjj
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, CHWS said:

Does anybody operate with 3 men in 1 van with wfp? I’m thinking about bringing my cousin with us to help as he won’t be at school as off now. I’m currently running a waterworks system. Is the best option to get a trolley system for 3rd man ? Also how much extra water is ideal to carry for it ? 

Yes we do on some of our bigger jobs I have all my vans with at least three pumps on them so we can all work independently, provided you have a big enough tank of water or supply to fill as you are working it’s good also remember that the batteries will need to be a higher amp hour due to the extra draw . 

We have 1000 ltr systems with three pumps on each , water wise it depends on flow rate , we generally fill as we are working on some larger jobs we use around 1500-2000 ltr per day with 3 guys per van but  that’s working on one site for  8 hours without moving and doing window after window with no tea breaks 😂😂

Edited by Pjj

CHWS
4 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Yes we do on some of our bigger jobs I have all my vans with at least three pumps on them so we can all work independently, provided you have a big enough tank of water or supply to fill as you are working it’s good also remember that the batteries will need to be a higher amp hour due to the extra draw . 

Do you use a trolley mate or all running of a main tank ? 

Pjj
4 minutes ago, CHWS said:

Do you use a trolley mate or all running of a main tank ? 

No van mount tanks only 

CHWS

That’s some going water wise 😂

do yous all work from the back doors then ? 

ive a spare power up reel ready to go and a spare pump 🤔

Pjj
1 minute ago, CHWS said:

That’s some going water wise 😂

do yous all work from the back doors then ? 

ive a spare power up reel ready to go and a spare pump 🤔

With my set up I have two fixed reels in the van with floor roller system , I can also use free standing hoses as well or instead of the fixed if needed , I have on odd occasions run 6 reels from the three pumps , but one pump per hose works better , I have outlets under the bumper to connect free standing hoses to 

CHWS
3 minutes ago, Pjj said:

With my set up I have two fixed reels in the van with floor roller system , I can also use free standing hoses as well or instead of the fixed if needed , I have on odd occasions run 6 reels from the three pumps , but one pump per hose works better , I have outlets under the bumper to connect free standing hoses to 

6 reels ?! You would be better with an oil tanker with pure 😂

Pjj
10 minutes ago, CHWS said:

6 reels ?! You would be better with an oil tanker with pure 😂

We only did that a couple of times ,but yes it does  work but not efficiently enough it’s far better one pump one hose . With a booster pump fitted I can produce water faster than 6 reels working will use .

harunh

2 lads on van mount and 1 man on a mobile system ;) works good if your houses all together :D

Part Timer

Why not just have a 2 man WFP team and a trad guy doing ground floor. He's never going to keep up with the other 2

CHWS
11 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Why not just have a 2 man WFP team and a trad guy doing ground floor. He's never going to keep up with the other 2

I was also thinking this , but I would hate to offer that to customers that are fully wfp for them to rant on how good trad is 😂

Part Timer
38 minutes ago, CHWS said:

I was also thinking this , but I would hate to offer that to customers that are fully wfp for them to rant on how good trad is 😂

Tell the WFP blokes to splash some water on after he's finished, they wont know the difference then

strech

Don't forget the distancing rule at mo that's going to be one wide van for 3 window cleaners.

strech
3 hours ago, CHWS said:

The 3rd can sit in the back 😂

only if a twin cab 😆