Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power Up Reel which is better PF or Waterworks

THL4KEL

Does anyone know if the Pure Freedom reel is any better than the Waterworks reel?

The PF  is more expensive plus they charge postage..

Does anyone know if the Pure Freedom reel is any better than the Waterworks reel?

Come and see my PowerUp reel  mate, personally I am greedy and can't warrant the extra money plus the £75 delivery or what ever it was on top of the PF reel price. 

Having had both the pure freedom is well engineered far superior to ww , but the waterworks reel works out of the box unlike the pure freedom , the footprint of the pure freedom is also much larger and that stupid control box stuck in the front of the reel doesn’t allow the hose to move freely if you are going pretty much straight down through the floor of the van with the hose , for me it’s a no brainier waterworks all the way 

Paul the PF has a auto cut out if the hose gets snagged does Waterworks one  have that feature?

What is the control panel for on the PF?

Cheers mate/

Paul the PF has a auto cut out if the hose gets snagged does Waterworks one  have that feature?

Cheers mate/
Waterworks has a snag protection , but no soft start like the pf but with the ww one you just blip the control and it does the same thing . 

The control panel on pf adjusts the speed of re wind but it’s not needed really as u say you can blip the button and it will only re wind slowly if needed ,it also shines the battery voltage again it’s hot needed and in my opinion is just a gimmick if you want tk know battery voltage you can see that on the controller display for your pumps . Any questions just ask .dint get me wrong pf is a lovely made product but both mine came faulty from the factory and when spending over 1:5 k that’s not acceptable they couldn’t evan get the material right ordered stainless steel and they sent powder coated and charged me for the ss one , not a happy bunny . Waterworks reels arnt as good a quality as in as heavy duty but they work well I have 6 of them now and they are a good reel , you do need to be careful about the hose going over the side of the drum on re wind it’s a pain getting it out by the chain this has happened ti me 2-3 times in about 5 months so not a big issue but frustrating when it does happen 

Cheers mate/
It actually has a brake on as well, makes it bloody hard to pull out so I don't really understand why. Would only really be needed if you didn't fully reel in and left the end sticking out under the van. By the time you've released it you could've put the end through the rollers anyway. 

Back