Xenjay

Still canvassing?

Xenjay
Posted (edited)

Hi all, 

with the current situation with Coronavirus, what do you guys think about still canvassing?

good idea or bad idea?

Edited by Xenjay

dmw

With the current situation with a stranger turning up at your doorstep, the potential customer would be very wary, I'd be inclined to leave it.

Ana

Suppose it depends on what's type of canvas? I'm intending on doing a new build estate that I already have some work on, not many houses but I'll be pushing flyers through........ with gloves on of course.

if I decide to do so too of course and if theres no lockdown or a inflexible curfew.

was looking to increase some prices but ive decided against that for now.  

Moor

Monumentally bad idea.

Clearly the government’s message isn’t getting through.

I am a part time window cleaner, when I’m not doing that I am a front line anaesthetic technician at a hospital. I have seen what is going on in the hospitals and let me make it clear, it’s time to be seriously serious about this, it’s not just old people that are being affected so don’t think you are immune.
Do not put yourselves in situations that you don’t need to, you have no idea what’s behind that door.

To be honest if you came to my door whilst there was implicit instructions to stay away from each other I’d probably throw closest heavy object at you.

You may think I’m over reacting, I’m not. This is real, you need to get real.

Xenjay

Cheers guys, it is what I was thinking. Just wondered if anybody had been doing it and what people’s reactions were like.

maxbruffell
3 hours ago, Moor said:

Monumentally bad idea.

Clearly the government’s message isn’t getting through.

I am a part time window cleaner, when I’m not doing that I am a front line anaesthetic technician at a hospital. I have seen what is going on in the hospitals and let me make it clear, it’s time to be seriously serious about this, it’s not just old people that are being affected so don’t think you are immune.
Do not put yourselves in situations that you don’t need to, you have no idea what’s behind that door.

To be honest if you came to my door whilst there was implicit instructions to stay away from each other I’d probably throw closest heavy object at you.

You may think I’m over reacting, I’m not. This is real, you need to get real.

I’m just quoting this because I think it needs to be said again!!! I see way too many people talking about canvassing in other Groups as people are home. This is why we’re set to take over other countries in deaths from this!