Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Algoclear pro for asphalt drive?

Lee89

Good Evening everyone 

I am cleaning a rather large asphalt/tarmac drive on Monday. 

I ordered some hypo and clever wash which I was hoping to use for this job but it hasn’t arrived yet and doubt it will before Monday. 

I do however have a container of Algoclear pro. My question is would this be effective on killing the moss off?

And does anyone know the best mixing ratio?

Thanks in advance. 

Good Evening everyone 

I am cleaning a rather large asphalt/tarmac drive on Monday. 

I ordered some hypo and clever wash which I was hoping to use for this job but it hasn’t arrived yet and doubt it will before Monday. 

I do however have a container of Algoclear pro. My question is would this be effective on killing the moss off?

And does anyone know the best mixing ratio?

Thanks in advance. 
It will kill it 20-1 or 30-1 should work read the instructions they di say up to 50-1 mix depending how bad it is , but a good moss killer will be far cheaper give it a spray leave for a few days then light pressure wash 

If using hypo on a flat surface you don’t need clever wash it’s a waist it’s a surfactant designed to cling on to vertical surfaces to hold the hypo there it does do others things as well but on tarmac drives it’s not needed  ,save your money and only use it on walls etc 

Last edited by a moderator:
Great cheers Pjj 

Can you recommend a good moss killer?

Ok I will just use the hypo for flat surfaces. Thanks
To be honest we have used several different ones they are all very good , try any farm supply shop , garden centre local to you  depending on the size of the area to be treated a farm supply shop will be cheaper and they do sell brands that are a bit stronger than normal domestic strength but all work fine just apply it Waite until it’s turned brown usually a few days this gives it time to go down into the roots  killing the whole plant then if it’s thick moss brush up the worst of it with a broom , if just light covering of moss pressure wash on a low throttle setting so you don’t damage the surface 

Lee suggest you do a test patch on tarmac if you're using hypo - it *can* bleach it depending on strength/tarmac aged/makeup etc 

Back