Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump not working.

Pump stopped pumping and  controller wont turn off, cant calibrate 
Have you connected the battery terminals up incorrectly? ie positive to negative - reversing polarity.

If so you have probably damaged the controller. As there is still power to the controller the fuse would appear to have not blown.

First thing is to test that the pump works. Disconnect it from the controller and connect it directly to the battery. If it runs then its a faulty controller.

Spring Controllers can repair them but it takes time and I think the cost is about 1/2 the cost of a replacement one.

@Ian Sheppard may be able to comment with further advice me.

If it is the controller I would just order a replacement from one of the suppliers to get you going again quickly. I would then consider repairing this at your leisure and keeping it as a spare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian is very good and sorted my controller straight away after letting the smoke out of it lol.(I know not directly him lol but very good service)

Maybe I shouldn't wire stuff while pi$$ed lol.

Only cost about 30 quid I think so better than a new unit. 

Pump stopped pumping and  controller wont turn off, cant calibrate 
Good Morning Sharon. Can I check a couple things please.

1. how old is the controller

2 . What pump are you using

3. Are you able to check the battery voltage on the controller and if yes what does this display

4. On the side of the controller there will be a Serial number can I have that please

In the short term there is one thing to try get the unit running. Remove the inline fuse between the controller and battery and leave it out for at least 5 mins. Then replace the fuse. If this does not resolve the issue I would ask that the controller is returned to us for inspection so we can see what has happened to it

Cheers

Ian Sheppard  Spring (Europe) Ltd

The controllers are under a year old

The pump is a pent air

The battery voltage is 12.4. And displaying 0 

The serial # 46370

Thanks

The controllers are under a year old

The pump is a pent air

The battery voltage is 12.4. And displaying 0 

The serial # 46370

Thanks
HI Sharon. Thank you for the information I ma going to ask you to return the controller directly to Spring at the following address. Spring (Europe) Ltd Unit 9 April Court, Sybron way Crowborough TN6 3DZ. Second can I ask is the Pent air a 8000 946 138

Thank for the quick reply, have got onto the person who fitted them and they are coming out to fix them tomorrow.

Thanks for your time much appreciated 

Thank for the quick reply, have got onto the person who fitted them and they are coming out to fix them tomorrow.

Thanks for your time much appreciated 
Thank you Sharon, I suspect they will need to change the controller out. Once they have please do ask them to return the controller to us please or return it directly. The reason for asking is that this allows us to inspect the controller and understand the issue which can be fed into development and support going forward.

Cheers

Ian

Back