Neil.. Lancashire

reimburse 80% of furloughed workers wage costs

Neil.. Lancashire

Anybody managed to sign up to getting 80% of there staff wages paid yet.

ALPINEYORKS

i think it will take months to sort, please correct me if im wrong anyone, but ive been told the system in place is let our business pay staff and within 2-3 months we will be reimbursed don't know how wrong or right that is, still trying to get in touch with my accountant but everybody is in the dark over this. My friends advice was to lay staff off tell the accountant and just wait for the government. complete mess though

moto
Posted (edited)

Its only 80% of what we pay, so 20% from our pocket.

Edited by moto

Neil.. Lancashire

You will need to:

designate affected employees as ‘furloughed workers,’ and notify your employees of this change - changing the status of employees remains subject to existing employment law and, depending on the employment contract, may be subject to negotiation

submit information to HMRC about the employees that have been furloughed and their earnings through a new online portal (HMRC will set out further details on the information required)

HMRC will reimburse 80% of furloughed workers wage costs, up to a cap of £2,500 per month. HMRC are working urgently to set up a system for reimbursement. Existing systems are not set up to facilitate payments to employers.

Anyone found this new online portal ?