Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Numax battery charger

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wires seem to be sparking if not too carefull.   Thinks a new leisure battery charger getting ordered.   Start trawling sites for cheapest one

wires showing, must be wear and tear.    too tiny to tape up, they will prob be soldered on inside.      it would be nice to be like a plug,     just cut &  screw back inside.  but prob not.     I wont be using it for a while now

Had the same thing happen to me just recently at the grommet @johnny bravo

I spliced the wires in like you have and soldered them. I then slipped some shrink sleeve over both joins and tucked them inside. The charging cable is around 50mm shorter.

It might be an idea to put a cable tie through one of the lower vent holes and tie that cable up. It will stop the 'wear'  at that grommet.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes will do.    
Unfortunately this spot and the grommet is a wear area. This was an issue with the cord on power tools even although they had a long sleeve. The pivot movement on the cable will eventually cause the cable to break.

I usually leave my charger connected in the van overnight. When I wrap the cable up in the morning its generally very cold. The plastic insulation around the cable is less flexible when cold so more inclined to split.

The insulation of the wire is also a different composition depending on where in the world the product will end up in. For example, the insulation needs to be more flexible when cold in cold countries than the same cable going to warm countries.

Latest Posts

Back