Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One for Steve Garwood

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You hit the nail on the head the other day. Drinking tins indoors just isn’t the same.

I cannot wait for things to be back to normal. The first night back in my local will be very emotional ?‍?

You hit the nail on the head the other day. Drinking tins indoors just isn’t the same.

I cannot wait for things to be back to normal. The first night back in my local will be very emotional ?‍?
At least you have tins left, had to resort to a bottle of Blossom Hill red wine that has been in the garage for months, was tip before xmas last year ?

This is probably the main reason I'm not doing residential work. I think there is a danger that angry people might react. Not personally scared but concerned about the potential damage to equipment and reputation.
Well I’ll fess up. I went and done 3 hours this morning. The customers were good as gold. However, I felt awful and guilty working. Phoned my mate Danny who worked for me and bought a round of me. I asked him what he thought.

He hadn’t worked as he said it’s the right thing to do. That made me feel really selfish. I reeled in my hoses and came home. Still feel slightly guilty now as I don’t need the money, but just didn’t want to be stuck at home on my own whilst the missus was at work ????‍?

At least you have tins left, had to resort to a bottle of Blossom Hill red wine that has been in the garage for months, was tip before xmas last year ?
I hope you weren't drinking it out of the bottle or a half glass like your Brown Ale. I've probably gone from being the biggest boozer to the biggest shandy drinker on here ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I’ll fess up. I went and done 3 hours this morning. The customers were good as gold. However, I felt awful and guilty working. Phoned my mate Danny who worked for me and bought a round of me. I asked him what he thought.

He hadn’t worked as he said it’s the right thing to do. That made me feel really selfish. I reeled in my hoses and came home. Still feel slightly guilty now as I don’t need the money, but just didn’t want to be stuck at home on my own whilst the missus was at work ????‍?
I have had a lot of support from my custys via Fb and email even offering to continue paying until I return back to work, my wife is care worker in a residential home looking after elderly and I feel bad that she has to work and potentially put herself at risk, so is also really worried about the frail residents and this is putting a lot of pressure on her.

I have had a lot of support from my custys via Fb and email even offering to continue paying until I return back to work, my wife is care worker in a residential home looking after elderly and I feel bad that she has to work and potentially put herself at risk, so is also really worried about the frail residents and this is putting a lot of pressure on her.
You're wife's got a really difficult situation working in the place where she is Social Distancing must be nigh on impossible. My wife did her first 6 hours on the tills at Tesco yesterday and had to keep telling customers to step back. They are supposed to be installing perspex screens round the checkout soon.

As for me I've applied for Tesco and Iceland on the vans see what happens there. The last interview I had was when I was 18 and Thatcher was in power.

You're wife's got a really difficult situation working in the place where she is Social Distancing must be nigh on impossible. My wife did her first 6 hours on the tills at Tesco yesterday and had to keep telling customers to step back. They are supposed to be installing perspex screens round the checkout soon.

As for me I've applied for Tesco and Iceland on the vans see what happens there. The last interview I had was when I was 18 and Thatcher was in power.
They can't do social distancing at all with client's, people aren't listening at all.

I did an application for Lidl, I saw two what I assumed were newbies for Asda delivery a driver and his mate yesterday stood right at someones door while the householder took the shopping in ? my last application and interview before now was over 20 years ago.

How long before ‘back to normal’ ?

Obviously there’s no definite answer, so hopefully we can have a sensible debate with no idiots. My guess is:

how we were 2 weeks ago (of self isolating if showing symptoms, washing hands & sanitising all the time) and Most businesses back open will be July/August

Schools back in September. Along with cinemas, pubs, clubs. And the rest of the football season will be behind closed doors as only a few games left and they’ll just want to get it done without squads going into insolation due to fans etc. 

Complete guess, with a couple of flaws in my ideas anyway.
And for some sadly losing loved ones & friends, it’ll take emotionally a lot longer to be ‘back to normal’.

Tricky though how do you go back to normal with a invisible killer out there?

If one person working in a restaurant or pub etc comes down with symptoms, the whole staff would have to isolate for 7 days. And the place has to be cleaned. 

With football, a player can’t be ruled out due to covid-19. The whole squad have to isolate, along with the management. And possibly the team they last played.
How do you ever start normal life again unless every has either had it, or there’s a vaccination? (which some say won’t be ready for mass production till next year) 

Obviously there’s no definite answer, so hopefully we can have a sensible debate with no idiots. My guess is:

how we were 2 weeks ago (of self isolating if showing symptoms, washing hands & sanitising all the time) and Most businesses back open will be July/August

Schools back in September. Along with cinemas, pubs, clubs. And the rest of the football season will be behind closed doors as only a few games left and they’ll just want to get it done without squads going into insolation due to fans etc. 

Complete guess, with a couple of flaws in my ideas anyway.
And for some sadly losing loved ones & friends, it’ll take emotionally a lot longer to be ‘back to normal’.
Yes I think the ramifications of this will take months to get over 

Wuhan epicentre was locked down (total china stylee) 2 mths ...so gotta be looking at longer than that - with our, very commented on 'partial', sort of, lockdown'ish measures here - then of course as measures are relaxed others will get it and if the 'curve' starts to reach for the sky - back to lock down...but by then most of us will probably have been exposed...summer is going to be pants ?

Back