Jump to content
HWCS

Keeping water over time

Recommended Posts

HWCS

I have 700ltrs in an IBC with a black cover over it.

I have 12x 25ltr drums full of water in the back of my van

 

All 000 tds

 

Im not expecting to work for atleast a month.

1: will my IBC tank water still be good after a month

2: how should i best store my 25ltr drums?

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj

Should be fine provided it’s in a dark environment, just check the TDS before use , legionella is only a problem with stagnant water so again that shouldn’t be an issue 

Share this post


Link to post
HWCS
Just now, Pjj said:

Should be fine provided it’s in a dark environment, just check the TDS before use , legionella is only a problem with stagnant water so again that shouldn’t be an issue 

As since i started a year ago, your always 1st or there abouts with top notch advice.

Ty bruvva stay safe 

Share this post


Link to post
kevinc250

it depends on how you view it, ppm readings mean nothing if say your membranes are not in the best condition, with the warmer weather your tank could be a breeding ground for bacteria your drums too and probably your  van tank if you have one, it would be better to drain everything of water if you think you are not going to work for a while or add say Milton tablets to steralise everything and then drain after a few days and leave them empty, that's going to be one of my jobs to do in the next few days 

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
12 hours ago, kevinc250 said:

it depends on how you view it, ppm readings mean nothing if say your membranes are not in the best condition, with the warmer weather your tank could be a breeding ground for bacteria your drums too and probably your  van tank if you have one, it would be better to drain everything of water if you think you are not going to work for a while or add say Milton tablets to steralise everything and then drain after a few days and leave them empty, that's going to be one of my jobs to do in the next few days 

I have a full tank of 350ltrs sat in my shed think I'll pump it out today, van is in the cool of the garage with only a inch of water in the bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

I knew a Fireman who contacted Legionaries Disease from a shower head in Spain. It was a brand new hotel and they were the first guests. He woke up in a Scottish hospital 6 weeks later. He was telling me what it was like, fantastic story.

Share this post


Link to post
steve garwood

Great question with 2 different answers.

Not sure what to do with all my water now 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
Just now, steve garwood said:

Great question with 2 different answers.

Not sure what to do with all my water now 🤔

Wash your own windows as your current window cleaner won't be. Whilst you're at it can you just do the gutters, conservatory roof and fascia as well  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Teaboy

to my knowledge there has only ever been one instant of that was an ibc in a hot environment.

Il try to dig out the info.

will see how we stand in a few weeks but if it goes past the 3 weeks we will drain all systems and restock just for a precaution,

thanks for the reminder it had slipped my mind

 

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
14 minutes ago, Teaboy said:

to my knowledge there has only ever been one instant of that was an ibc in a hot environment.

Il try to dig out the info.

will see how we stand in a few weeks but if it goes past the 3 weeks we will drain all systems and restock just for a precaution,

thanks for the reminder it had slipped my mind

 

Ime going to flush all mine through with a bleach solution been meaning to do it fir ages but not had the time ,now I have plenty of time to do it 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
trevor peacock

how long will the water in my van and ibc in my garage stay pure for?

It's not in the sun so algae shouldn't be a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
59 minutes ago, trevor peacock said:

how long will the water in my van and ibc in my garage stay pure for?

It's not in the sun so algae shouldn't be a problem.

Read this above 

Share this post


Link to post
Daftoldgit
Posted (edited)

I find clean water stored in a brand new clean container lasts indefinitely

in an old container not so long for some reason.

I would drain some off every couple of days and top it up with new and keep an eye on it.

And store the barrels in the van as its out of the light.

Edited by Daftoldgit
answering part 2 of question

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.