Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keeping water over time

HWCS

I have 700ltrs in an IBC with a black cover over it.

I have 12x 25ltr drums full of water in the back of my van

All 000 tds

Im not expecting to work for atleast a month.

1: will my IBC tank water still be good after a month

2: how should i best store my 25ltr drums?

Should be fine provided it’s in a dark environment, just check the TDS before use , legionella is only a problem with stagnant water so again that shouldn’t be an issue 

Should be fine provided it’s in a dark environment, just check the TDS before use , legionella is only a problem with stagnant water so again that shouldn’t be an issue 
As since i started a year ago, your always 1st or there abouts with top notch advice.

Ty bruvva stay safe 

it depends on how you view it, ppm readings mean nothing if say your membranes are not in the best condition, with the warmer weather your tank could be a breeding ground for bacteria your drums too and probably your  van tank if you have one, it would be better to drain everything of water if you think you are not going to work for a while or add say Milton tablets to steralise everything and then drain after a few days and leave them empty, that's going to be one of my jobs to do in the next few days 

it depends on how you view it, ppm readings mean nothing if say your membranes are not in the best condition, with the warmer weather your tank could be a breeding ground for bacteria your drums too and probably your  van tank if you have one, it would be better to drain everything of water if you think you are not going to work for a while or add say Milton tablets to steralise everything and then drain after a few days and leave them empty, that's going to be one of my jobs to do in the next few days 
I have a full tank of 350ltrs sat in my shed think I'll pump it out today, van is in the cool of the garage with only a inch of water in the bottom.

I knew a Fireman who contacted Legionaries Disease from a shower head in Spain. It was a brand new hotel and they were the first guests. He woke up in a Scottish hospital 6 weeks later. He was telling me what it was like, fantastic story.

to my knowledge there has only ever been one instant of that was an ibc in a hot environment.

Il try to dig out the info.

will see how we stand in a few weeks but if it goes past the 3 weeks we will drain all systems and restock just for a precaution,

thanks for the reminder it had slipped my mind

to my knowledge there has only ever been one instant of that was an ibc in a hot environment.

Il try to dig out the info.

will see how we stand in a few weeks but if it goes past the 3 weeks we will drain all systems and restock just for a precaution,

thanks for the reminder it had slipped my mind
Ime going to flush all mine through with a bleach solution been meaning to do it fir ages but not had the time ,now I have plenty of time to do it ???

I find clean water stored in a brand new clean container lasts indefinitely

in an old container not so long for some reason.

I would drain some off every couple of days and top it up with new and keep an eye on it.

And store the barrels in the van as its out of the light.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back