Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Karcher K2 problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bhutto

I was pressure washing the algae off the walls of my house yesterday. I’d been at it for an hour or so when suddenly the motor started to scream at very high revs, but the water pressure fell to zero. Turned off the machine. With the motor stopped, water flows through the system and hose and filters are clear. However, when I turn the switch on, rather than the motor rev and then stop (waiting for the trigger pull to restart it), it revs/screams at far higher revs than normal. I’ve no idea what type of pump is in there, but it’s as if the paddles have been removed and the spindle is just spinning like mad without getting any ‘traction’ with the water. Any ideas gratefully received - the machine is a few years old now. Thank you very much. 

I was pressure washing the algae off the walls of my house yesterday. I’d been at it for an hour or so when suddenly the motor started to scream at very high revs, but the water pressure fell to zero. Turned off the machine. With the motor stopped, water flows through the system and hose and filters are clear. However, when I turn the switch on, rather than the motor rev and then stop (waiting for the trigger pull to restart it), it revs/screams at far higher revs than normal. I’ve no idea what type of pump is in there, but it’s as if the paddles have been removed and the spindle is just spinning like mad without getting any ‘traction’ with the water. Any ideas gratefully received - the machine is a few years old now. Thank you very much. 
Sounds like it’s had it , not sure about the model no you quoted but the cheap ones are built to last for around 100 hours use and that’s it so maybe it’s time for a new one ???

Thanks Pjj. I feared as much. I now reckon its the drive between the motor and pump. I could probably replace it, but something else would go wrong. As you say, these domestic machines have a relatively short lifespan. 

I found Karcher to be  ? my £30 argos one has done more than a previous Karcher ever did, motor burned out on first Karcher then the replacement was used twice then sat in the garage for months then when I went to use it again it wouldn't work and out of warranty, standard shop bought pw's aren't meant to used for long periods of time like a continuous hour  

Thanks Pjj. I feared as much. I now reckon its the drive between the motor and pump. I could probably replace it, but something else would go wrong. As you say, these domestic machines have a relatively short lifespan. 
After an hour they become very hot and the pump breaks. I found they are meant to last just over a year but if used over an hour then they usually break.

Latest Posts

Back