Shane84

Pure water suppliers Northern Ireland

Shane84

I have been recently considering getting a water fed backpack pole system for cleaning awkward to get at windows and I am just wondering if anyone knows of any pure water suppliers in Northern Ireland?? Or what is my best bet for getting pure water for this type of system. Thanks

wee man
13 minutes ago, Shane84 said:

I have been recently considering getting a water fed backpack pole system for cleaning awkward to get at windows and I am just wondering if anyone knows of any pure water suppliers in Northern Ireland?? Or what is my best bet for getting pure water for this type of system. Thanks

Don't know where abouts you are but I'm in Bangor and our water is so low you just need a di vessel with resin in it. Get a tds meter and check the water. 

Shane84
2 minutes ago, wee man said:

Don't know where abouts you are but I'm in Bangor and our water is so low you just need a di vessel with resin in it. Get a tds meter and check the water. 

Live in Omagh area. What kind of money would you need to spend on a di vessel with resin in it or how exactly does it work. Im new to water fed systems and am a bit green to how exactly it works. If you have links for di vessel with resin that would be greatly appreciated 👍 thanks 

wee man
5 minutes ago, Shane84 said:

Live in Omagh area. What kind of money would you need to spend on a di vessel with resin in it or how exactly does it work. Im new to water fed systems and am a bit green to how exactly it works. If you have links for di vessel with resin that would be greatly appreciated 👍 thanks 

Sureclean are near you give them a ring and get a tds meter first. You would get a di vessel from them also but check your water first.  All In probably be under £150. Not to sure how much the di vessel is now but a bag of resin is about £90 but going up every month.  

Shane84
42 minutes ago, wee man said:

Sureclean are near you give them a ring and get a tds meter first. You would get a di vessel from them also but check your water first.  All In probably be under £150. Not to sure how much the di vessel is now but a bag of resin is about £90 but going up every month.  

Thanks very much, Greatly appreciated. Take care 👍

vincent
On 29/03/2020 at 22:21, Shane84 said:

Thanks very much, Greatly appreciated. Take care 👍

How litres of water does a bag of resin purify. 

Part Timer
Just now, vincent said:

Depends on your TDS, higher it is the less you'll get out of a bag. Search the site for resin calculator and you'll get a more accurate reply

wee man
3 minutes ago, vincent said:

You would need to know your waters tds then use the resin calculator you can find online.  

Part Timer got there first lol 

Shane84
On 29/03/2020 at 21:38, wee man said:

So I got myself a TDS meter and my TDS level is 83 ppm....do you think my best bet for getting pure water then would be to get myself di vessel & resin and start purifying my own water? Thanks

wee man
1 minute ago, Shane84 said:

So I got myself a TDS meter and my TDS level is 83 ppm....do you think my best bet for getting pure water then would be to get myself di vessel & resin and start purifying my own water? Thanks

I would say yes but maybe get two di vessels and double di. I think some people would use a ro with 83ppm but I would just use the di's. 

Shane84
1 hour ago, wee man said:

I would say yes but maybe get two di vessels and double di. I think some people would use a ro with 83ppm but I would just use the di's. 

Cheers 👍

Part Timer
11 hours ago, Shane84 said:

I would say initially,. as it doesn't appear you need much water, double di should be the best way. If you decide to do more of your work by WFP then I'd get an R/O

Shane84
12 hours ago, Part Timer said:

I would say initially,. as it doesn't appear you need much water, double di should be the best way. If you decide to do more of your work by WFP then I'd get an R/O

Is there any particular size di vessel i should buy if im going use a double di technique to purify the water? What is the advantage of one of the bigger vessels? Also have you any advice in terms of resin brands to go for? Appreciate all the feedback 👍 Thanks

Part Timer

I would use 2 x 7l or 2 x 11's, you don't need any bigger. The  favourite resin on here is Tulsion MB115. I'm assuming you're not trying to make 1000's of litres a week

Shane84
56 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I would use 2 x 7l or 2 x 11's, you don't need any bigger. The  favourite resin on here is Tulsion MB115. I'm assuming you're not trying to make 1000's of litres a week

No definitely not just trying to get going with WFP system....... I would say initially a couple of hundred litres a week will keep me going. Really do appreciate the info 👍 thanks again!!