Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

non contractors allowed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

emailed a few small business premises up today,    asking if ok for me to carry on .

Sorry but no outside contractors allowed  to work on site.      Small businesses where I don't even see anyone on site

Ok I said

Yeah seems to be the general speak over here too. Lot of my work have emailed or rang to say cease cleaning for the foreseeable future and they'll contact me when things are back on track. Weird times but necessary I suppose.

emailed a few small business premises up today,    asking if ok for me to carry on .

Sorry but no outside contractors allowed  to work on site.      Small businesses where I don't even see anyone on site

Ok I said
That's fine. They have a duty of care toward you. Sometimes the easiest way for actioning that duty of care is to cancel you being there.

Lets go back to the 2005 ladder use legislation. You couldn't get into what used to be ICI Wilton with any form of ladder on your roof or in the van. That was their was of enforcing their health and safety policy.

"OK, I will not use my ladders."

"Sorry but no, you aren't coming onto site with ladders."

"Ok, can I take them off the van and leave them with you then please?"

"No. You will go away and remove your ladders and steps from your van and come back without them. Then we will let you in."

That's fine. They have a duty of care toward you. Sometimes the easiest way for actioning that duty of care is to cancel you being there.

Lets go back to the 2005 ladder use legislation. You couldn't get into what used to be ICI Wilton with any form of ladder on your roof or in the van. That was their was of enforcing their health and safety policy.

"OK, I will not use my ladders."

"Sorry but no, you aren't coming onto site with ladders."

"Ok, can I take them off the van and leave them with you then please?"

"No. You will go away and remove your ladders and steps from your van and come back without them. Then we will let you in."
We had exactly the same situation with anchor trust we had been using ladders for years doing loads of schemes  for them up to 3 storey with ladders , then in April 2005 we weren’t allowed on site if we had a ladder on the van and it was checked before we were allowed on site by the manager .

they'll contact me when things are back on track
I've avoided that, I contacted all of my commercial customers and proactively confirmed I would be stopping. All of mine are closed or at best running a skeleton staff. I didn't get through to my biggest one, absolutely shat myself when he called cos I'm really keen not to wait for him to get in touch to reconvene, I cut straight in and said I was planning to call and that I know they're closed and planning to just carry on when places start to reopen. I would suggest any of you take a similar stance, you don't want to be waiting for the call to carry on.

I've avoided that, I contacted all of my commercial customers and proactively confirmed I would be stopping. All of mine are closed or at best running a skeleton staff. I didn't get through to my biggest one, absolutely shat myself when he called cos I'm really keen not to wait for him to get in touch to reconvene, I cut straight in and said I was planning to call and that I know they're closed and planning to just carry on when places start to reopen. I would suggest any of you take a similar stance, you don't want to be waiting for the call to carry on.
I emailed all my commercial work today, had a few replying fully understanding and wishing us well. Majority I got the out of office reply so probably shut.

I emailed all my commercial work today, had a few replying fully understanding and wishing us well. Majority I got the out of office reply so probably shut.
We clean a business and the business managers house. He has temporarily cancelled our services. He says that while one of us could clean the house windows with no contact, it was what his neighbours might think and or say regarding us doing non essential work.

He has also cancelled the domestic help and the garden services for the same reason.

I have had all retail and leisure window cleaning stop most emailed me.I have had an office, school, management company and a couple of sites for clarion also email to hold off on work.

Only one customer(management company)who I do several sites for have said they are happy for me at present to carry on with next months work.

We clean a business and the business managers house. He has temporarily cancelled our services. He says that while one of us could clean the house windows with no contact, it was what his neighbours might think and or say regarding us doing non essential work.

He has also cancelled the domestic help and the garden services for the same reason.
Remember the Government has dropped the non essential work bit from their guidelines. If you can’t work from home you can go to work  

484FDDB6-0442-49A6-ABA6-A50AFACE0B77.jpeg

Back