Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats the best hypo mix with safactant

Hi,

looking using safactant for the first time, any recommendations which to use and how to mix it etc.

thanks 
Either of theses below are very good the one on the left is a lot cheaper but doesn’t containers scent mask , bonnymans sell it but think they are closed at the moment ?..300 ml of it in a 20 ltr drum of hypo , depending what you are cleaning a hypo mix of 4 parts water to one part hypo will clean most things 

4E779696-79AD-4038-A55E-48DE37399136.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a nice PW on a monoblock driveway yesterday and it had a lot of white lichen. It came off no bother with the Falch and twin turbo nozzle. Will be making a wooden whirlaway for the Falch nozzle to see if its any better as I can set the height to an exact length.

Did a nice PW on a monoblock driveway yesterday and it had a lot of white lichen. It came off no bother with the Falch and twin turbo nozzle. Will be making a wooden whirlaway for the Falch nozzle to see if its any better as I can set the height to an exact length.
My 4 castors arrive today and I am PW my monoblock pathway as well. Handy if they come early and I can test my wooden whirlaway. ?

hi pal  can buy the one on  left from any  where else  
HI babs et al - think at this time you'll stuggle to get ANY suitable surfactant for hypo - I tried a few weeks back - gave up in the end - would appreciate if you find a supplier you post it back on here - cheers hope you do ??

it had a lot of white lichen.
Scottish - you're weren't kidding you were a joiner - ? I did one a few weeks back - stubborn as - lichen - Kevinc250 (?) suggested using a biocide I think I'll be trying that in future - I got most of it but it was a big area and didn't fancy wagging my wand (not a euphemism ? )all over it..

I found my turbo nozzle can 'eat' into softer or friable surfaces so tend not to use it nowdays...good see how you get on

Scottish - you're weren't kidding you were a joiner - ? I did one a few weeks back - stubborn as - lichen - Kevinc250 (?) suggested using a biocide I think I'll be trying that in future - I got most of it but it was a big area and didn't fancy wagging my wand (not a euphemism ? )all over it..

I found my turbo nozzle can 'eat' into softer or friable surfaces so tend not to use it nowdays...good see how you get on
I use my turbo on most surfaces and just knock the pressure right down.

It still cleans better than the fan tips imo.

I only use hypo on black Lichen which doesn't like to let go with the pressure washer. Sometimes I just spot treat it with neat hypo a few times. ?
I used to hypo first, wait, pressure wash.

Found it was a waste of time as same results washing first then spraying stubborn areas.. then quickly blast the remaining spots.

A lot quicker for me and use a lot less chems.

I used to hypo first, wait, pressure wash.

Found it was a waste of time as same results washing first then spraying stubborn areas.. then quickly blast the remaining spots.

A lot quicker for me and use a lot less chems.
I came to same conclusions after a while. It saves time and money with far better results I quickly noticed. That's what the game is about getting good results with as little effort as possible. I'm off to do a bit of sanding in the sunshine from a PW job last week. ?

I came to same conclusions after a while. It saves time and money with far better results I quickly noticed. That's what the game is about getting good results with as little effort as possible. I'm off to do a bit of sanding in the sunshine from a PW job last week. ?
Where you getting your sand from?

I'm getting mine at wickes but have to click and collect next day from the car park.. not allowed in the store.

Where you getting your sand from?

I'm getting mine at wickes but have to click and collect next day from the car park.. not allowed in the store.
I was lucky because the PW jobs came in early this year and I buy 10 bags at a time. Only got a few left now but I heard B&Q sell it click and collect but can be a big queue. When I run out, I will tell customer I will come back in a month or so to sand it or they can sand it themselves. I don't use much sand now because I am very careful with where it goes. Only used 2 bags on 70 square metres today when I used to use 3 and blow the rest down the street. ?

? it's being used to sanitise outdoor areas/transport etc by local authorities etc - hard to get hold of nozzles aswell - everyone and their dog is now into 'softwashing' anything that doesn't move...probably will be that way from the rest of summer...you could try wallpaper paste - apparently it works -just check it's not going create toxic fumes...

Latest Posts

Back