Stevieboy

Resin cheaper this year

Stevieboy

Just got some Tulsion MB115 and payed about £8 LESS this march than I did last March. Thought there was supposed to be a shortage of some of the raw materials?

scottish cleaning service

If we enter a quick depression then things will get cheaper especially if those things have a shelf life. I'm expecting the UK Gov to do a 15% Vat rate again to jump-start the economy and I may buy a nearly new van again. Companies will need to get money in and cutting prices will be the best way to do it.

Stevieboy
On 31/03/2020 at 08:02, scottish cleaning service said:

If we enter a quick depression then things will get cheaper especially if those things have a shelf life. I'm expecting the UK Gov to do a 15% Vat rate again to jump-start the economy and I may buy a nearly new van again. Companies will need to get money in and cutting prices will be the best way to do it.

I can see a 15% VAT rate working but you are wrong with the prices mate. They are all going to go one way and it’s defo not going to be down. 

56 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

I can see a 15% VAT rate working but you are wrong with the prices mate. They are all going to go one way and it’s defo not going to be down. 

Petrol was £1.25 a litre last month and now its £1.02 a litre now.

Part Timer
6 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

That's because of the over supply, usually OPEC cut production to keep the prices inflated. This time round Russia refused so Saudi Arabia are trying to teach them a lesson by crashing the price 

Stevieboy
14 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

That’s nothing to do with the UK!

13 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

That's because of the over supply, usually OPEC cut production to keep the prices inflated. This time round Russia refused so Saudi Arabia are trying to teach them a lesson by crashing the price 

Good for us, I paid £1.08 for a litre of diesel yesterday. 😀

11 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

That’s nothing to do with the UK!

The reason its fallen is because no one wants or needs oil at the moment so the price collapses. No one will want anything bar food in next few months so prices will come down to try and shift things. I bought my van in 2009  for £12,200 plus 15% vat But they wanted over £13k plus vat and they had 3 of them. A company went bust and VW took the vans back after 18 months but they want money not vans. The 3 vans sat outside the showroom and the salesman said they couldn't move them. I told him i had £12k plus vat in my bank and he agreed £12,200 plus vat and I could have the one with 23k on the clock which was the lowest. Still got the van now and its done 70k. I think we will enter deflation and find it hard to get out of it like what happened to Japan when their property prices hit extreme levels. The Nikkie was 60 points off of 40k in 1989 I think and now its lucky if its at 20k thirty odd years later. 😉