Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best poles to start with

Shane84

Getting set up to start pole fed cleaning and im wondering are the facelift poles any good or should i go for a Gardiner brand pole??  

Also what should i be looking for in terms of bushes when starting out?

All advice welcome ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting set up to start pole fed cleaning and im wondering are the facelift poles any good or should i go for a Gardiner brand pole??  

All advice welcome ?
Gardiners all the way , brushes is a very personal thing some will love a certain brush and others will hate it , we like the supream brushes but everyone will recommend different ones 

Last edited by a moderator:

All advice welcome ?
I’d recommend a Gardiner slx aswell, it’s a great pole. 

Regarding bushes just make sure you don’t trip over any while looking up and cleaning the top windows. Also try to avoid getting your hose snagged in them while moving around the house!!

I’d recommend a Gardiner slx aswell, it’s a great pole. 

Regarding bushes just make sure you don’t trip over any while looking up and cleaning the top windows. Also try to avoid getting your hose snagged in them while moving around the house!!
Brushes.....my bad lol Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it ?

I started with a Gardiners SLX 22 and then have a few extremes but I still use the SLX for 90% of my work. I only have one brush, big mistake because I was using it for everything. I now have 5 brushes and i use a XTREME™ 35CM BRUSH - MEDIUM TAPERTEC HYBRID all the time now and don't think i will go back to 26cm long brushes unless for pvc cleans. You can buy a lot of things that you will not use so better to listen to guys on forum.

Haha I was just joking!

I’ve always used the sill brushes. Then when they get a bit old I use them for conservatory and FSG cleans. 
I’d also advise getting a super scraper and swivel neck on your pole. Both cheap additions to make your day a bit easier. 

I started with a Gardiners SLX 22 and then have a few extremes but I still use the SLX for 90% of my work. I only have one brush, big mistake because I was using it for everything. I now have 5 brushes and i use a XTREME™ 35CM BRUSH - MEDIUM TAPERTEC HYBRID all the time now and don't think i will go back to 26cm long brushes unless for pvc cleans. You can buy a lot of things that you will not use so better to listen to guys on forum.
Trouble with 35cm, can be too big for the smaller windows you'll come across. But certainly for most of the work would make it easier. Might have to get one. Ive been a bit of a one brush man, mines the ultimate medium soft at the mo. Dont know if many rate it? seems a good enough all rounder.

Trouble with 35cm, can be too big for the smaller windows you'll come across. But certainly for most of the work would make it easier. Might have to get one. Ive been a bit of a one brush man, mines the ultimate medium soft at the mo. Dont know if many rate it? seems a good enough all rounder.
Its the 4 jets I like the most. Don't seem to have a problem with small windows and if I come across any I just turn it slightly sideways. I don't use any other brush now until they bring out a stiff version.

I was looking at the universal 35cm sill brush, dunno if the stiff brush could be a bit much for certain frames? anyone know if the medium soft still good enough for fsg? Also, it says comes with capsules but to use 4 jets would I buy an additional 2 capsules? Apart from that dont need any other bits? would just attach as is? Thought about swivel, but jury seems to be out on that, some like, some dont. Really should get a scraper attached too. Would be handy at times for those baked on bits. Does the scraper just stay permanently attached? no issues?

I was looking at the universal 35cm sill brush, dunno if the stiff brush could be a bit much for certain frames? anyone know if the medium soft still good enough for fsg? Also, it says comes with capsules but to use 4 jets would I buy an additional 2 capsules? Apart from that dont need any other bits? would just attach as is? Thought about swivel, but jury seems to be out on that, some like, some dont. Really should get a scraper attached too. Would be handy at times for those baked on bits. Does the scraper just stay permanently attached? no issues?
Everything comes with it ready to go. I think my brush is only 100 odd grams.

Haha I was just joking!

I’ve always used the sill brushes. Then when they get a bit old I use them for conservatory and FSG cleans. 
I’d also advise getting a super scraper and swivel neck on your pole. Both cheap additions to make your day a bit easier. 
I fitted a scraper to end of my pole and then realised it was a bad idea because it wouldn't fit through the Juliet balcony railings. That romeo & juliet have a lot to answer for!

Back