Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black stains from window seals

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ShaunWills97

Hi guys, cleaned some windows today and the seals were bleeding out a black dye. Tried cleaning up as quick as possible but left some marks on the frame. It would not budge at all.

Have you guys had this and do you know what I can use to remove the black marks off the frame? Thanks

I bought a dozen 500mgs of "The Pink Stuff" from Ebay for £18 with free delivery. I use it for everything now and especially when cleaning white PVC front doors which come up like new. Its the Paste variety. ? 
It's only 89p a tub in home bargains and the range lol.

Only a quid in sainsburys. 

Hi guys, cleaned some windows today and the seals were bleeding out a black dye. Tried cleaning up as quick as possible but left some marks on the frame. It would not budge at all.

Have you guys had this and do you know what I can use to remove the black marks off the frame? Thanks
If your doing monthly cleans you will need to keep the "black dye" wet else it will happen each clean   

Try mopping window out,

Edge up with a wet sill cloth,

Blade window of

Then just wipe the bottom of frame with wet sill cloth and leave it don't edge up 

Most pvc cleaner should remove it 

iwipe it off straight away with a wet cloth it will come off easily - if you let it  dry you need a UPVC cleaner to remove 

It is worse  on your first visit  and mainly if you do the windows trad 

Went to one property years ago where rubber bleeds but this time were covered in black asked what had happened was told a window fitter had replaced the hinges but said window cleaner will get rid of marks with a bit of Fairy liquid . My reply was get him back to clean it .

Thanks everyone, tried the pink stuff and worked a treat. That black stuff is just a pain in the ***

Cheers for the help!
Its due to old perished seals, I have quite a few as my scrims can testify. After you squeegee, detail before the weeping dries and you should be ok, If dry then pink stuff is less expensive cleaner as mentioned in posts by others. Unger rubout is good but more expensive, and hopefully now you know the problem windows it will become less of a problem as you can get away on maintenance cleans by using your  applicator  just shy of the seals before squeegeeing.

Back