Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing van for sale help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris33

Hi guys. Hope you are all just about surviving at moment. 

So I've decided to sell one of my vans, it's a 15 plate lwb vivaro. Will have full valet, writing removed etc.

75k on clock. Will have full mot 

£1000 service in jan inc brakes and tyres

Grippa tank hot two man 500 litre system plus two electric reels/double di full up/external fill ports etc-system under 2 years old

Internal pole racking 

Fibre glassed flooring etc

What I'm looking for is a little help on a price guide here? I want it priced to sell and will advertise it around june I think

Last edited by a moderator:
The van is worth circa £8k so I think you're being a bit ambitious there
Looking to price to sell mate I had thought 10k with system? Van alone only maybe 7/6k to be honest if wanting it to move fairly fast

Scottish you and your plans..

Okay £14k then but the condition of the market. As I have said before, not much will sell. They are now coming round to my way of thinking and saying this will be worse than the great depression.
It's not even close! Picked up 80 quid of window work in 2 days on a boosted post. Keep pushing all will be well 

Hi guys. Hope you are all just about surviving at moment. 

So I've decided to sell one of my vans, it's a 15 plate lwb vivaro. Will have full valet, writing removed etc.

75k on clock. Will have full mot 

£1000 service in jan inc brakes and tyres

Grippa tank hot two man 500 litre system plus two electric reels/double di full up/external fill ports etc-system under 2 years old

Internal pole racking 

Fibre glassed flooring etc

What I'm looking for is a little help on a price guide here? I want it priced to sell and will advertise it around june I think
I would keep my eye on the bidding on this van.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-vivaro-lwb/283837077690?hash=item42160218ba:g:gIoAAOSwqFVeiGJP

If the bidders notice the resprayed colour of the repair is slightly different to the front door. Also the Cat S damage will slightly reduce the resale value of the van. This could give you an indication of the market atm.

How much the equipment inside is worth is anyone's guess if sold separately.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tell me that in a year's time. I hope I'm wrong but paying someone a million a week to kick a ball and a nurse £400 points to lunacy so it has to end and come back to reality. fwiw
Two totally different things to a point in that a footballer is paid by a private company shall we say and they can pay what they want or see fit, a nurse is paid by the government so there has to be a limit also aside from the current situation my understanding is a nurse like all government workers gets full pay on the sick for 6 months then half pay for another 6 months they also get like all or most other government workers get a very nice pension for very little money put in, in a reasonably well paid job role many government workers can retire after 20 years of service a custy off mine has retired in his mid 40's after 20 years as prison officer. 

if the playing field needs levelling then all self employed people earning under 50k per annum should have 2 weeks paid annual leave from the government, I think it's more likely that yours and mine example wont' happen and pigs will fly before it ever does. 

Two totally different things to a point in that a footballer is paid by a private company shall we say and they can pay what they want or see fit, a nurse is paid by the government so there has to be a limit also aside from the current situation my understanding is a nurse like all government workers gets full pay on the sick for 6 months then half pay for another 6 months they also get like all or most other government workers get a very nice pension for very little money put in, in a reasonably well paid job role many government workers can retire after 20 years of service a custy off mine has retired in his mid 40's after 20 years as prison officer. 

if the playing field needs levelling then all self employed people earning under 50k per annum should have 2 weeks paid annual leave from the government, I think it's more likely that yours and mine example wont' happen and pigs will fly before it ever does. 
I used to work with Jimmy Johnstone at Lafferty Construction many years after he stopped playing. He was very down to earth and never discussed his playing days.

Do you know how much nurses contribute to their pension then ? I’m sure they don’t get that  much at the end of it. 

Do you know how much nurses contribute to their pension then ? I’m sure they don’t get that  much at the end of it. 
First off I will say I am not having a go at nurse's, How much any government worker contributes is based on their wages each month, my wife is a health care worker caring for the elderly and employed by our county council so I have some idea and they have the option to pay in extra so it will be very much individual to each person and there wages. 

I'll give you a basic example if a government worker on a lower band wage of around £10k per annum pays £30 a month into their pension for 30 years they will get roughly around a  £10,000 annual pension now granted that isn't much of a payout but if they doubled or tripled that £30 by topping up there monthly employer contribution that's at most £30k , Go and have a look at a pension calculator online and if you want a £10k annual personal pension in 30 years time you will have to pay in around £8-900 a month for the next 30 years

The nurses and doctors and other emergency service workers do a very commendable job and I am in no way taking anything away from them at all, but typically anyone saying that they should be paid a lot more isn't always aware of everything, my wife does a great job caring for the residents at her place of work as many others do across the UK and I 100% think she and other workers should be paid more, but it all comes down to cost, my wife could go to a private care company and be paid more an hour or take up a job at a call centre and get paid more per annum but she won't get the the benefits package or a pension that the government provide.

Yes, its a total disgrace. I paid £77 a week to my fire service pension per week. Teachers are on £41k up here and I want nurses to get parity but it not going to happen.
Fair do's but surely you also know it's how long you pay into the pension also, you have had multiple jobs over the years from what you have said in the past, a custy told me a while back how a mate of his is a retired fireman and how his pension was 2k a month I think he did work his way up over the years though

The points I was trying to make with my previous replies were that by comparison to many millions of hard working people in the UK who will no doubt have to work most of there lives well into old age in order to survive, on the whole government workers aren't as hard done by comparison. 

Fair do's but surely you also know it's how long you pay into the pension also, you have had multiple jobs over the years from what you have said in the past, a custy told me a while back how a mate of his is a retired fireman and how his pension was 2k a month I think he did work his way up over the years though

The points I was trying to make with my previous replies were that by comparison to many millions of hard working people in the UK who will no doubt have to work most of there lives well into old age in order to survive, on the whole government workers aren't as hard done by comparison. 
You are never going to win going against the NHS at this time or in the future. They are working without correct PPE and are dying as a result of saving lives. Up here we witness our Chief Medical Officer telling us to stay at home while she and her family go to their holiday home 50 miles away. She obviously isn't taking the Pandemic serious and will resign tomorrow. If she doesn't then the public will have no Trust in her ever again.

Back