Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

House price Preston UK

Sorry to be a pest again but I am thinking £12 every 5 weeks for this? Am I far off please? Many thanks gang.

View attachment 19960
Go in with your gut feeling, that is the only way you're going to learn. If you keep getting them and start to get established then you can look at tweaking your prices. That's a £10 house where I live, assuming no conservatory, and I wish I had a hundred of them to do at that price.

Every area is different, if you're missing more then you're securing then you probably need to review your pricing. @Pjj would probably get £15 and some might get £20. All I would say is that's a 10 minute job, by WFP, so at £16 that's an hourly rate of nearly £100.
We have estates full of similar ones hundreds of them , £10-  15 a go we do 4-6 per hour per man , not great prices per job I admit but an  excellent hourly rate and only a few hundred yards from home and a weeks work for three vans , so well worth doing 

£16 every 8 weeks if I had jobs in the same road. £18 every 8 weeks if I didn’t.
(I’m in Bournemouth & presuming it just two upstairs windows, a downstairs window & patio doors on the back)  

a one off £25.00. I’d be confident at those prices.

12 to 15 for me, though as part timer and others say, all areas vary. Im thinking i could increase my quotes, as I get near enough all of them. but if you kept getting rejections you have to adjust. Connys def have to put the price up. 

15 for me, 18 if there are any velux windows over an extension at the back, 20 to 25 with a conny.  I can't do the pound sign as I spilt my brew over my keyboard last week, the whole top row don't work now.

I'm on a trolley though so it can take a minute before I get to the window.  But I take my time wiping all the sills down especially now as I use sanitizer on the doors and handles so it takes around 25 minutes.

Up north 10  to 12 quid is a decent price, i reckon if its the same at the back i could clean this in less than 10 minutes.

No point someone down south telling you they can get these at 20  quid a pop

should be able to rattle out 4 an hour even with a minute driving between jobs, easy peasy money £250 a day and home by 3pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont over charge and dont undercharge , and aslong as your happy with the price thats the main thing.

When we came to the UK in 1994 we rented a similar house. We had a window cleaner who charged £3.20. (Today's inflation calculator reports £3.20 is worth £6.58 and £3.50 is £7.19.) The house had Georgian glass windows in the front. He did those with a chamois leather and the side and backs he did with a squeegee. He charged the same price for similar houses in the street. A year later he raised that to £3.50. He did 3 houses an hour. In those days that was a good hourly rate.

Today I would try for £10 but I have quite a number at £9.00.

Back