Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Annual tax return

HWCS

Well just did all my figures and just waiting on HMRC to send me a code so i can enter them online.

Anybody ever tells me windows cleanings a basic outlay will get a slap, can not believe how much my first year costs are ??????

Am i mad for doing them so early or is it best to get them outta the way?

Well just did all my figures and just waiting on HMRC to send me a code so i can enter them online.

Anybody ever tells me windows cleanings a basic outlay will get a slap, can not believe how much my first year costs are ??????

Haha couldn't agree more, no idea how I spent so much!!! 

I'm going to do mine as soon as my P60 comes through from my other employment. Get them out the way while theres an abundance of time!

I always do mine early to get it out of the way. I'll probably do it next weekend. 

If anybodys open enough id love to know what others first year costs were as i genuinely cant believe mine!

Very very little change from 10k 

Before all of you start filing returns, what are you doing with the Government compensation scheme, for those entitled, as it is being back dated to March 1st so some might need to go in 19/20 tax year.
Good point. I wanted to get mine done early but because of that issue may have to wait. I could guestimate it, am pretty sure of rough amount but think I'll wait.

Van insurance, tax, mot, mobile phone, fuel etc etc must be more surely
equipment was £1738, van £1200, petrol £150 ( not for a whole year though, started august 2017) insurance £250 van tax £21 a month

didnt bother deducting mobile, so yeh not much over 3k

Back