Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using additives in warmer

darryn71

Using pure water produced threw ro4040

Using the new enigma made by jigsaw innovations

My TDs reading is 002 ppm with enigma added been using for a couple of weeks now with no problems at all 

Just since warmer  weather is here it seems like it is drying leaving scarmy marks especially Wer the sun is shining on windows

I know some people don't use additives

And just pure water which is fine 

But looking for comments who do use additives on what there thoughts are in warmer weather

If using 000 tds why use advertises ??? Why spend hundreds on filtration then chuck stuff in the tank ?? Never has made sense to me , we always use 000tds and never get problems 
Like I say ther pjj wasn't looking for a comment with you using just pure

Reason for me using additives extra shine eats dirt up quicker

Sheets off glass easier

Speeds my work up

Like I say ther pjj wasn't looking for a comment with you using just pure

Reason for me using additives extra shine eats dirt up quicker

Sheets off glass easier

Speeds my work up
If using 000 tds nothing else is needed to get good results at speed and the shine without additives is perfect 

If using 000 tds nothing else is needed to get good results at speed and the shine without additives is perfect 
I have used both with and without additives personal opinion 

Soon as posted comment

I was ready to be slagged off people just using pure 

That's why I was hesitant about putting post on only looking for comments who use additives ?

I have used both with and without additives personal opinion 

Soon as posted comment

I was ready to be slagged off people just using pure 

That's why I was hesitant about putting post on only looking for comments who use additives ?
I haven’t slagged anyone off , but have you thought the reason you might be getting problems using additives  that others who don’t use them don’t  get answers your question 

I use enigma and was one of the guys testing it originally with @kevinc250 and working out what dosage I could get away with.

I pretty much poured 100ml in a 250l tank and had no issues whatsoever.. in fact the days windows were virtually spotless on the next clean.

I reckon it's to do with not rinsing enough in the warmer weather rather than the enigma.

As you clean a lot quicker with enigma you may just be slightly too fast on the rinse.

I deliberately tried to get spots with it and couldn't lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the end it all comes down to good rinsing. This will wash away any dirt left on the glass. I know of a windy who uses a backpack and gets 10 houses out of 25 litres of pure, either he is a miracle worker or just moving the dirt about. ?

hi @darryn71, what you are seeing with the enigma is better cleaning of the glass and frames and for the short time you have been using it that's expected mate, what enigma does is very unique in that as you are cleaning its cleans the surface and, at the same time surface fills so, in effect you are creating a cleaner, smoother surface for the next time you call back to clean.

two choices, either reduce the dose a bit or rinse a bit more so you can see where the problem is, if you are new to this additive thing then I would expect this but, as you've got hold of enigma (its sold "under the counter" so to speak) your either well informed or someone has recommended it to you.

Using pure water produced threw ro4040

Using the new enigma made by jigsaw innovations

My TDs reading is 002 ppm with enigma added been using for a couple of weeks now with no problems at all 

Just since warmer  weather is here it seems like it is drying leaving scarmy marks especially Wer the sun is shining on windows

I know some people don't use additives

And just pure water which is fine 

But looking for comments who do use additives on what there thoughts are in warmer weather
are you adding the enigma direct to the tank or pre-mixing?

Hi kev I am only using about 5 ml of enigma to 400 litres of pure 

I put enigma  in neat in to tank of pure the night before ready for the next day
hi darryn71, 

just a reply to your answer, its more aimed at everyone that uses enigma rather than yourself specifically, 

enigma is very different to the other additives available at the moment with it being a colloid and some particles are very close to being nano technology whilst other particles being much larger, this requires a different method to dosing than the normal methods to get the very best from it.

as everyones equipment or way of making and storing water can vary from one person to another options had to be made available to get the best results.

the 1ml to 100litres is only a guideline so window cleaners can easily work out the ratio, you can use more or less of the additive as to your preference its up to you to find your perfect dose.

enigma relies on a process called Brownian motion for it to fully "blend" with water, this takes time so the longer it is in the van tank or holding tank the better, one option is to dose the ibc tank if you are using one to store water,

the original instructions which seems to have been ignored by most window cleaners is to fill say empty pop bottles with enigma so as above it "blends" and then add to the van tank the night before and, before filling up that or, consider using the peri pump as an option to the above method.

just a note: after messaging I think we've found the answer behind the spotting which is not the cause of an additive being used

Latest Posts

Back