Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Closed Commercial jobs...

Clearview Lee

Is anyone still cleaning offices even though they’re closed??

I’ve just done one, but not sure if I should be doing them!

will I even get paid?? 

it’s like I’m going to work out of habit.

So much uncertainty. 

please only reply if you do commercials. Thanks!

Some of my shops are closed,so not doing them, but I'm not working anyway, probably best to contact any customer domestic/commercial, as you will save yourself time n money, I know a couple of commercial window cleaning companies and they are shut down. 

will I even get paid?? 

So much uncertainty. 

Emailed all my commercial first. Almost all wanted left at moment so you may or may not get paid

will I even get paid?? 

So much uncertainty. 

We do a load of similar type of thing for management companies they have said carry on doing them , we arnt working at the moment and I explained this to them they said just start again when you return to work . We do some hotels that are shut at the moment , not sure how long that will be on hold for but think it could be several months ??? 

We do a load of similar type of thing for management companies they have said carry on doing them , we arnt working at the moment and I explained this to them they said just start again when you return to work . We do some hotels that are shut at the moment , not sure how long that will be on hold for but think it could be several months ??? 
Pretty dire state of affairs isn’t it. 

Ime very lucky I can easily afford to take 3 months off with no ill effects financially, my problem is when starting again until we can go back to working two per van Ime going to be trying to play catch up and the work will all be due again before i have finished that months cycle Ime dreading it to be honest 

Aye, Don't want to put a damper on things but even after its lifted folk will be reluctant to visit a pub or restaurant. It will take some time for the confidence to return.

Ime very lucky I can easily afford to take 3 months off with no ill effects financially, my problem is when starting again until we can go back to working two per van Ime going to be trying to play catch up and the work will all be due again before i have finished that months cycle Ime dreading it to be honest 
Aye, and the windows will be harder to clean. ?

We just cant allow yourself to think like that mate. Everyone will understand itll take months until regulatory happens with just about everything. 

All you can do is inform them all but your smart and sure you've already got a plan

I am looking at every commercial job individually.

All shops, pubs and restaurants are on stop even if I haven't made or had contact with them.Some management companies have given the ok to go ahead others have said stop till further notice.The same goes for offices some have said stop the rest I am contacting to confirm and offering external cleans only.

I contacted one on Monday which I do which is very big. I need a PO number before any work can be carried out and explained no inside work could be done but outs can.I expected them to cancel or postpone the clean but they gave the go ahead even though the office is all closed up at present.

I would say ask them first and see what they say. I would say about 95% of my commercial work has stopped now and the remaining 5% are only having outsides done.

What I will be left with I don't know as I guess some companies will fold. I was looking into going completely commercial last year for myself but instead ive expanded the domestic side of the business. Eggs in baskets comes to mind ?

Every job will be different as some are still open and some aren't depending on what the normal protocol is for certain sites, I know of a factory that is still operating to fulfil orders util they have no parts left, a custy of mine does ground works and has work lined up that he could do as he would be working alone on the edge on an industrial site but has to typically sign into a site and get a visitor pass and so on so this makes his big job a no go. 

Spoke to one of my neighbours yesterday who is working in factory he had a job overrun so was clocking out later than usual got to the area to clock out and there was 7 lads sat having there bate all very close together, some people ain't using their common sense, he grassed them up, they were also sat in an area with camera covering the area ?

I don't envy you at all having the challenges you face moving forward, I think the distancing will go on for possibly 6 months plus in various forms or stages to avoid the virus becoming and overwhelming issue again and measures will have to be taken by all businesses to be on the ball with hygine procedures, one of my custys owns a hairdressers and he was saying he thinks it will become more common place to have hand sanitiser dispensers outside all business premises I am inclined to agree. 

I don't envy you at all having the challenges you face moving forward, I think the distancing will go on for possibly 6 months plus in various forms or stages to avoid the virus becoming and overwhelming issue again and measures will have to be taken by all businesses to be on the ball with hygine procedures, one of my custys owns a hairdressers and he was saying he thinks it will become more common place to have hand sanitiser dispensers outside all business premises I am inclined to agree. 
There is still a lot of soap dodgers up here so they would probably nick both the sanitiser and dispenser.

will I even get paid?? 

So much uncertainty. 

Sure! If they will cancel they Got to be proactive, i cant assume they wont have their place maintained while this is going on. 

Latest Posts

Back