Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Issues with sealant etc

Kemo

Hi, has anybody got any horror stories that you can share whilst using sealant or any other product.

Essential do’s and don’t’s which you have learnt the hard way ? 

We don’t  offer sealing as there are far to many potential problems applying it and most dont want to pay what it would cost , it’s clean and re sand only from us having said that I don’t  know anyone in my area that does  sealing we never come accross it when quoting jobs 

Made myself a wooden whirlaway for my Falch nozzle but I need to wait for the castors to arrive before I can test it. The problem with my own whirlaway is I can't see what's happening. You only notice a stripe once you think you are finished and have to go back over with a lance which I find too long a process.

Made myself a wooden whirlaway for my Falch nozzle but I need to wait for the castors to arrive before I can test it. The problem with my own whirlaway is I can't see what's happening. You only notice a stripe once you think you are finished and have to go back over with a lance which I find too long a process.
You got a photo pal ??

Once a job has had sealer sprayed on does it need striping on next pw or can you just pw it then re seal it ?
I think when you PW it after its been sealed then some will come off and some will be deep seated. This is when you get the patch work quilt scenario and the customer blames you. That's the reason I don't touch them, too much of a headache.

I think when you PW it after its been sealed then some will come off and some will be deep seated. This is when you get the patch work quilt scenario and the customer blames you. That's the reason I don't touch them, too much of a headache.
Some will come off some won’t , generally needs solvent to help soften it . 

That's the reason we don't clean it and we don't get the headache. Last week I had a first clean and woman gave me a small tin of paint to paint the close front door. Got a call a few days later saying it was all cloudy and what did I do. It was water base paint and probably old or frost got to it. I did it again with my oil base paint and turned out fine. Did it cheap and now I am finding out that when I do a job cheap it comes back to bite me. I don't like using a customer's equipment or stuff because its not trade stuff. I only really use their outside tap and use my own connection. This is the reason I want to buy a generator so I don't need to use the customer's socket unless its an outside one. ?

Back