Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Osmosis Housing - Case Randomly Breaking?

tino8358

This morning I was flushing my 200 gpd osmosis system out and I heard a loud noise so went to look and the housing was spilling out from where it had cracked at the  bottom. I'm unsure what has caused this as it wasnt anything different to what I would usually do so any help would be great, thanks

20200412_105247.jpg

This morning I was flushing my 200 gpd osmosis system out and I heard a loud noise so went to look and the housing was spilling out from where it had cracked at the  bottom. I'm unsure what has caused this as it wasnt anything different to what I would usually do so any help would be great, thanks

View attachment 20021
I doubt that flushing has caused this.

It could be a faulty housing, been damaged by impact, tightening or has been previously damaged with frost. Annoying as it is, I would just order a replacement. I very much doubt anyone will be able to tell you exactly what has happened. Sorry.

I don't think I have heard of anyone every report a broken housing other than caused by frost damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh right thanks I have it bolted up next to a tank since 7 weeks ago when bought and will probably have to take it as frost, and just replace, but did have an oil heater next to it until recently that's why I was a bit confused. 

Oh right thanks I have it bolted up next to a tank since 7 weeks ago when bought and will probably have to take it as frost, and just replace, but did have an oil heater next to it until recently that's why I was a bit confused. 
As its only 7 weeks old I would contact the supplier and ask him for his take. I don't know what the last 7 weeks have been like in Grantham frost wise. We haven't seen anything in the North East so I would work on a manufacturing fault.

Back