Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

when is it ok to do canvassing again?

Amazin

I asked this question few weeks ago (not on here) and the reactions I received was terrible. I'm aware that we're still in lock down and many of us are still staying at home. 

Posties are still working but personally I don't think it looks good to potential customers. 

I am working by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally dont think it’s an appropriate time to be knocking on doors , give it a few more weeks when hopefully things will start to revert back to normal 

Working is fair but canvassing in a lock down isn't a great idea. If you've asked this question before on another board and not got the sort of answer you wanted then maybe there is a big clue ?

We ARE in a lockdown. That means person-person contact is supposed to be absolutely minimal. I don't like it as much as anyone else but it is what it is thanks to incompetant political leaders around the world.

Nobody can tell you when the lockdown will end unfortunately - if that's what you were really asking?

Fair play to you for want to do this and for the desire to make a positive outcome during this negative situation, however I think the biggest problem is that they keep stating they want to minimise transmission from spreading between households.

You would be in contact with so many different households, i think if a copper were to stop you and ask what you were doing this would be consequential.

Also, how many people would you be coming into contact with which may result with you getting this virus?

I dont know your situation, if its that you need numbers more for survival then you could try a form of online advertising which keeps that contact to minimal.

My FB page brings in plenty of new enquires although somewhat reluctant to take on anymore work as I am not working at my usual 100%, knocking on doors will be a No No for months to come 

All my new enquires come through Checkatrade so its worth £80 a month to me and now only £40 because they have cut the price each month. I believe I get value for money and am very happy with it.

Not a great idea with there being so much anxiety about with people acting like we could all catch Leprosy from one another. 

I think we all just have to respect everyone in this awkward situation we find ourselves in, even thou there are people that aren’t anxious, and even don’t think there was actually anything to worry about in the first place!

I've met lots in this camp, trust me.

hold tight. 

I have 2 blocks of flats to do today. Just glad to get out and work the pole for some movement. ?

much love people. ???

I've seen many FB posts complaining about check&trade, most people uses google or FB recomendation. 
What I have found with my customers through Checkatrade, they are mainly professional or single women who can't do it themselves. I never get a time waster but I get people from a far to do a gutter job. I could cancel my website and just continue with Checkatrade but through time my site will get better. I can work 7 days a week if I wanted too because I have all my regular customers which is growing all the time. I will be taking on an apprentice soon with the work I'm getting. 

What I have found with my customers through Checkatrade, they are mainly professional or single women who can't do it themselves. I never get a time waster but I get people from a far to do a gutter job. I could cancel my website and just continue with Checkatrade but through time my site will get better. I can work 7 days a week if I wanted too because I have all my regular customers which is growing all the time. I will be taking on an apprentice soon with the work I'm getting. 
sounds like you're trying to promote them! Most people from the general public don't use it. Google and FB are the first thing they use

sounds like you're trying to promote them! Most people from the general public don't use it. Google and FB are the first thing they use
I think the people who’d go on Check a trade are as stated, the more professional types. One with a bit of money that wouldn’t mind paying a bit more for a trusted trader. 

ive been thinking about it...

I don't really want more folk on it as it would be competition. I got a few millionaires contacting me. That's because above all else they need Trust, they need to know their info stops with me. A few weeks ago I got a doctor's house to monthly clean at a score a month so that's a third of my Checkatrade account paid. I also told him his roof needs fixed which i may get to do. I'm happy with it but I may need to cancel in the future if I get too busy. I'm off to do some windows, back at lunch time. ?

Latest Posts

Back