Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

alternative flush tap

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trevor peacock

I've got a 450gpd unit about four years old. The flush tap as shown in the pic is a bit hit and miss. I have to play with it to get the flow right which is a pain. Can I get a tap that'll fit that can be set so I know where it needs to be for flushing/producingwater?

I know what I mean, hope you understand what I mean!!!!!!

2020-04-13 12.05.17.jpg

it's set in the pic for water production, 6 o'clock is for flushing. Very fiddly to get it just right!!

I've got a 450gpd unit about four years old. The flush tap as shown in the pic is a bit hit and miss. I have to play with it to get the flow right which is a pain. Can I get a tap that'll fit that can be set so I know where it needs to be for flushing/producingwater?

I know what I mean, hope you understand what I mean!!!!!!

View attachment 20028

it's set in the pic for water production, 6 o'clock is for flushing. Very fiddly to get it just right!!

Copy this:

https://purefreedom.co.uk/flow-restrictor.html

Replace the Flow 550 restrictor with a valve. You then adjust that valve to the waste to pure ratio you want. When flushing you open the other valve fully.

(That Flow550 is a fixed waste to pure ratio. The one I had was 3 waste to 1 pure.)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks spruce.

Can you tell me more? I see how it works and I've had a look round, I get that the 550 refers to cc per min.

You can get various ones with different restrictions, how do I know the 550 is right for me? Doesn't it depend on my flow and pressure?

I want between 3 and 2 waste to 1 good,

thanks spruce.

Can you tell me more? I see how it works and I've had a look round, I get that the 550 refers to cc per min.

You can get various ones with different restrictions, how do I know the 550 is right for me? Doesn't it depend on my flow and pressure?

I want between 3 and 2 waste to 1 good,
I don't know what the 550 stands for, sorry.

If you replace that restrictor with your tap/valve then you can adjust your own waste to pure ratio. Once you have it right you leave it. When you want to flush you fully open the other tap. Stop flush then close that tap and your producing settings are right.

At one time we could get 2 restrictors - 3 to 1 and 5 to 1. That was 10 years ago. I think Ro-Man did away with the 5 to 1. Obviously these taps and fittings need to be the right size. If you have 1/4" tubing then you need 1/4" fittings.

https://www.ro-man.com/?product=flow-restrictor

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back