Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First conny clean tomorrow

M4corridor

Hi all, thanks to anyone that answered my previous post on prices, I’ve got this conservatory to clean tomorrow as well as the house windows.

anytips on getting the best result?

could I use the same brush head to brush on hypo through wfp then for pure water for glass?

all opinions welcome! Thank you 

CD92C5B0-3E89-48A5-8472-883250945270.jpeg

I would spray it with a 10 -1 mix of virisol good scrub rinse with   garden hose then do the windows with pure job  done ?

same brush will be fine just go carefully if using hypo unless you are experienced using it on plastic 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would spray it with a 10 -1 mix of virisol good scrub rinse with   garden hose then do the windows with pure job  done ?

same brush will be fine just go carefully if using hypo unless you are experienced using it on plastic 
Thanks mate, I’ve got tfr and hypo, choices choices?!

Would you use tfr or hypo?

thanks for your help too!
It would depend , 

if it’s very dull and stained I would Hypo it 

if not to bad TFR  , the roof looks like polycarbonate that’s never going to look great probably stained and dirty between the layers that you cannot di anything about . Make sure that you dint let either dry out especially in the sun as both can cause damage to plastic/ glass 

It would depend , 

if it’s very dull and stained I would Hypo it 

if not to bad TFR  , the roof looks like polycarbonate that’s never going to look great probably stained and dirty between the layers that you cannot di anything about . Make sure that you dint let either dry out especially in the sun as both can cause damage to plastic/ glass 
Thanks mate, top man... ? 

Be careful with the poimty turrets on top they are a cont to put bac on (well they are for me at 5'7")
I’ll try and bottle flip it back on, learnt all about that from my 8 year old! We just used to throw them in the bin when I was 8 or use it as a goal post !

Would wet surfaces prior to applying virisil or Ubik personally, otherwise same....careful with any finials though

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the same one yesterday. I will only use degreaser, virosol or ubik. Yesterday I used the outside tap and wet the whole area. Mixed up some degreaser in 10l bucket and had a small bucket to scoop some out and fling it on the roof and scrubbed away and then rinse with outside tap hose. Had to take some bits off to clip parts back on which no one else would do. Used a small scrub pad (Below) dipped in degreaser bucket and scrubbed as far as I could by hand especially under the gutter. Came to opening of gutter/downpipe and it was tiny so I had to use a multitool to open it up and that was reason gutters were overflowing. Used my wfp with stiff brush to scrub the bits I couldn't reach. 4hrs it took me when it should have taken 2hrs but I have two Iron men and a 3m platform to work from which makes a vast difference. Tell the customer that you can't get paint/stain or ingrained marks off because it has not been maintained, remember you are not a miracle worker. My guy was over the moon after I told him about the small gutter hole that is now a big gutter hole. ?

pad.jpg

After the conny clean, I texted a price to clean driveway with my PW. I have got the go ahead to do it on Monday. Doing it cheaper because they are my customer but they will tell their friends and more work comes in through word of mouth. ? 

Thanks for all the replies, Tfr’d the plastic, kept it all wet then pure waterd off the glass, customer was over the moon!

And I got a power wash job out of it too!

5DC5803A-A7A8-4674-A5D1-F84D1B3F63A0.jpeg

Thanks for all the replies, Tfr’d the plastic, kept it all wet then pure waterd off the glass, customer was over the moon!

And I got a power wash job out of it too!

View attachment 20089
There you go see the difference well done , every job you do like that take pictures and build up a portfolio to show potential customers that’s what we do and we then get the majority of the jobs we price up as you get more established charge more ,as the customer is paying  for your expertises and not your time . 

Latest Posts

Back