Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leaflets yes or no?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris34

I've given facebook a trial for the last week, got enquiries but no bites.  My usual method is leaflets, I'm just unsure of the risks though and the public reaction.  Anybody still doing leaflets?

I've given facebook a trial for the last week, got enquiries but no bites.  My usual method is leaflets, I'm just unsure of the risks though and the public reaction.  Anybody still doing leaflets?
I don’t  think any form of interaction with the public is a good thing at this time ,I would be inclined to wait until this lockdown is lifted then do some 

I don’t  think any form of interaction with the public is a good thing at this time ,I would be inclined to wait until this lockdown is lifted then do some 
It's hard though, I know that there will be people wanting their windows cleaned but they need a nudge, it's how to give them the nudge.  Tempted to get a megaphone like the scrappers use.  'I'm cleaning windows in your area...'  ? ? ?  

It's hard though, I know that there will be people wanting their windows cleaned but they need a nudge, it's how to give them the nudge.  Tempted to get a megaphone like the scrappers use.  'I'm cleaning windows in your area...'  ? ? ?  
Just my personal thoughts let them contact you at this time maybe an advert in local paper , parish magazine ?.. I have turned away over 50 enquires over the last two weeks as I cannot do any more work Ime trying to do the work of 5 guys so getting no ware fast ???, so turning down every enquire at this time . 

Just my personal thoughts let them contact you at this time maybe an advert in local paper , parish magazine ?.. I have turned away over 50 enquires over the last two weeks as I cannot do any more work Ime trying to do the work of 5 guys so getting no ware fast ???, so turning down every enquire at this time . 
Wow, I'm getting nothing like that.  I'd be happy to get 1 new job a week at the moment.  Facebook has had enquiries but it's the smaller houses that aren't my usual customers, I've sharpened the prices but even that seems like it's too expensive.  I'll have a look at the local magazines before I get the megaphone out ?  Think I might tart the van up a bit, get some sign writing.  

You’re back working now Paul? 

I'm just unsure of the risks though and the public reaction.
I've had a fair few 'walk ups' from a distance - neighbours etc - since they are at home the see you and they are in...'what can I do on my house' mode - loads painting/gardening/cleaning/tidying etc going on - so I reckon if you did a leaflet drop thru the Royal Mail (you have get them printed and to the PO and they walk them round - you would do well and negligible risk since postie is already doing post

Pjj can you not let the other guys just work on their own safely?
We work two guys per van our work is set up to work efficiently this way , there are reasons why at this time it’s proving difficult to sort stuff out a couple of the guys have vulnerable family members and they obviously arnt keen on working at the moment, and a couple of the others have temporarily moved in with there elderly parents to care for  them so that they dint have tk have careers going into there homes , again it’s difficult at this time ??? so I am doing some stuff but feel like Ime only just scratching the surface with what needs doing . 

Sure tricky and fearful...it's pretty rubbish..

I guess this is why you're paid the big bucks ? buck stop with the big man - squeaking wheel get's the oil can work well - I've got a little behind on a few - cause I'm not getting round as quick - so any that call/email etc I look to pritoise them since they are more 'bothered' whilst others are fine aslong as I turn up some time ? 

I've had a fair few 'walk ups' from a distance - neighbours etc - since they are at home the see you and they are in...'what can I do on my house' mode - loads painting/gardening/cleaning/tidying etc going on - so I reckon if you did a leaflet drop thru the Royal Mail (you have get them printed and to the PO and they walk them round - you would do well and negligible risk since postie is already doing post
Yeah this is what I was thinking.  There are no leaflets coming through my door so with a lot of people being home and any rattle of the letterbox bringing attention then it seems like a no brainer.  I'll look at it and see if I can sort something out.  I rarely get any walkups, but today I did get two enquiries from people walking past, that usually doesn't happen with me.  This is why I think I'll try and get the van tidied up a bit and put some signage on.  

I did get a job today from a facebook enquiry but it's a problem job with old windows.  She's already sacked off half a dozen window cleaners but she said she doesn't blame the cleaners it's the windows, so we agreed I'd give it a go and if there are problems then we will end it after the first clean.  Basically all the windows had water leaking on the insides causing drip marks.  I'm quiet next week so thought nothing ventured nothing gained, always love a challenge ? 

Back