Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing jobs glasgow and surrounding areas

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all, I'm just starting out....well I was until all of this covid business, anyway is there any lads on here working around glasgow and north lanarkshire? And if so what is your minimum price you would charge? The reason I'm asking is that after buying a van, kitting it out, getting licensed and insured, building a website and putting a few quid into marketing it seems a bit daft to be charging £4.50 for a 3 bed semi. I was thinking more along the lines of minimum £10 for a monthly clean. I feel that is a fair price to charge for the service but people seem to have it ingrained into thier heads that window cleaners are all cheap as chips around here ( ironically a super from the chip shop is more expensive than most guys charge) anyway do you guys think I'm being unreasonable??.......... I would rather struggle for a few years to build a round of good custys that are willing to pay for my service than break my back working 10 hours a day for buttons, thanks in advance for your replys. 

Hi all, I'm just starting out....well I was until all of this covid business, anyway is there any lads on here working around glasgow and north lanarkshire? And if so what is your minimum price you would charge? The reason I'm asking is that after buying a van, kitting it out, getting licensed and insured, building a website and putting a few quid into marketing it seems a bit daft to be charging £4.50 for a 3 bed semi. I was thinking more along the lines of minimum £10 for a monthly clean. I feel that is a fair price to charge for the service but people seem to have it ingrained into thier heads that window cleaners are all cheap as chips around here ( ironically a super from the chip shop is more expensive than most guys charge) anyway do you guys think I'm being unreasonable??.......... I would rather struggle for a few years to build a round of good custys that are willing to pay for my service than break my back working 10 hours a day for buttons, thanks in advance for your replys. 
You will get ten pounds in Scotland for sure. But upsell the fact you clean frames and doors and be ready to spend some money on advertising 

There is loads of guys in fife charging 5 quid etc. We just have to stand out from that and be determined to value ourself better. PM me anytime. 

My lowest price for any job is £12.00, even if its a single window. When you add up your set-up on site time, invoicing time, travel (even if its next door) etc. it mounts up. 

Don't aim to be cheaper, aim to be better. If you're better than the people 'just out to make a few quid without a care' you will always get the work in the long run.

Good luck.

Back