Extreem pole sadness

johnny bravo

johnny bravo

Well not good news on my behalf,    out today Doing a few hours every couple of days.     1 hour through this happens.    Had this extreme 22 for around 14 months now.  Had a few issues with top clamps, twice renewed, now Pole snaps.      Disaster.  Cant repeat what words came out of my mouth.   Day over.    Home thinking what to do now.    Add a slx or a extreme  section to get back on road again,  ill go look on gardiners site to price up.

pole1.jpg

pole2.jpg

Edited by johnny bravo
  • Sad 2
8 minutes ago, johnny bravo said:

Well not good news on my behalf,    out today Doing a few hours every couple of days.     1 hour through this happens.    Had this extreme 22 for around 14 months now.  Had a few issues with top clamps, twice renewed, now Pole snaps.      Disaster.  Cant repeat what words came out of my mouth.   Day over.    Home thinking what to do now.    Add a slx or a extreme  section to get back on road again,  ill go look on gardiners site to price up.

pole1.jpg

pole2.jpg

Always pays to have more than one pole just in case , we have 8 poles on each van 😂😂😂

johnny bravo
Posted (edited)

not  pushing window shut,    Wiping the top sill.     I wonder if the longer gooseneck weakens the top section of these poles.      Might order a slx  section to go in  its place,    half the price of a Extreem section.      SLX number 1 section  48       Extreem  £85  2 weeks out of warranty also.

Edited by johnny bravo
scottish cleaning service
3 hours ago, Pjj said:

Always pays to have more than one pole just in case , we have 8 poles on each van

That's a lot of pole money if the van gets broken into or stole. I have 2 poles in my van.

12 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

That's a lot of pole money if the van gets broken into or stole. I have 2 poles in my van.

Yes I dread to think how much money probably in the region of 5 k per van !,,,, 

3 hours ago, johnny bravo said:

not  pushing window shut,    Wiping the top sill.     I wonder if the longer gooseneck weakens the top section of these poles.      Might order a slx  section to go in  its place,    half the price of a Extreem section.      SLX number 1 section  48       Extreem  £85  2 weeks out of warranty also.

I sympathise buddy, I have done the same in the last few moths to my xtreme pole. I had a spare slx top section lying about from an earlier issue and fortunately for me it slid right into place in the Xtreme. It operates fine, no probs.

8 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Yes I dread to think how much money probably in the region of 5 k per van !,,,, 

Aye, that why I have my van insured for £10k worth of equipment, I think its £200 a year with Aplan.

5 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Aye, that why I have my van insured for £10k worth of equipment, I think its £200 a year with Aplan.

All my kit is insured new for old provided the van is locked Ime covered , also have cctv on and in the van , very discreet a friend of mine fits them for a living in and on super yachts if you didn’t know the cameras were there you would never see them .all recorded and sent to my phone .

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Pjj said:

All my kit is insured new for old provided the van is locked Ime covered , also have cctv on and in the van , very discreet a friend of mine fits them for a living in and on super yachts if you didn’t know the cameras were there you would never see them .all recorded and sent to my phone .

I have a pot to pee in my van, don't fancy someone watching me! I thought you need a big sign to say cctv is taking place? 🤔

5 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I have a pot to pee in my van, don't fancy someone watching me! I thought you need a big sign to say cctv is taking place? 🤔

To use the footage as evidence in court yes , just to see who it is no 😂😂😬😬

Ah sorry to hear that, never comes at a good time.

I honestly don’t know how my extreme 18 hasn’t snapped yet!!! Had it 25 months now, shut loads of windows with it, hardly every do pole maintenance & dropped it once 😬 
it occasionally makes a snapping noise while I’m using it. When you get some money under your belt, buy a 22 clx or slx for emergency.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I will be keeping my 22 slx in the van all the time as a spare. I don't see the point of selling it, worth more to me kicking about in back of van.

johnny bravo

ended up getting Extreem section.     Keeping all round weight on pole.     Going to order  a 18 SLX next week to put away in case of emergency.  I blame the longer goose necks I put on last year.    Going back to the standard gooseneck.       Longer next size up   seem to put more weight onto end of pole when brushing sills 

15 hours ago, johnny bravo said:

ended up getting Extreem section.     Keeping all round weight on pole.     Going to order  a 18 SLX next week to put away in case of emergency.  I blame the longer goose necks I put on last year.    Going back to the standard gooseneck.       Longer next size up   seem to put more weight onto end of pole when brushing sills 

What’s caused the burring above the break on the top photo. Level with the white car?

18 hours ago, johnny bravo said:

Hi Johnny, would you be better off getting an SLX 22 rather than an 18? Much better to have the extra length when you need it, I'd say. I started with  18ft fibreglass poles and found that the extra length of the 22 is very useful. Most days I need it for at least a few jobs. The weight difference to the SLX 18 would be very little and I wouldn't think it would be much more expensive. I'm also thinking that as your extreme is a 22 there's probably a reason you chose that length originally and that reason probably still applies.

Apologies for being a busy body but I'd rather say it before you spend your hard earned. 😊

I am getting my 18 extreme today but it seems the top pole is the weak link in them. I would be swapping the top pole with an slx top pole if mine breaks after warranty. Probably something @Alex Gardiner should look into. 

On 15/04/2020 at 15:31, johnny bravo said:

Yeah it's the fulcrum effect, same as its easier to undo a stiff nut with a longer bar than a short bar. Will increase the pressure on one point the longer the goose neck