Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water barrier spill sock

steve_esccos

Hi, I’m after some advice, I’m cleaning a driveway and the water drainage flow is towards the neighbours driveway. I want to purchase a water barrier sock to stop the water / sludge from going on the neighbours drive. I know there is a name for the water barrier socks, but can’t remember what they are called. If anyone has any experience of using these and could advise where I can buy some etc. I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance. 

Sweep the sludge you create into a barrier to try and redirect all lot of the water from their drive. Whatever you put there to block the water some water will go underneath it and end up pooling on their drive. 

Just tell them you will sweep it and hose it down.

I did mine last week and it always goes into my neigbour's and she comes out ranting and raving. After I'm finished i go into her's and clean it up and then she calms down. If you go in and explain to them that you will clean it up at the end I'm sure they will be fine with it. I always do a bit on the neighbours side like their outside kerb, clearing the weeds to keep them happy. Recently I was accessing a neighbour's side because I was PW a mid terrace so when I was clearing their gutter i did the neighbours gutter as well, it also had the drainpipe. I told my customer and she was pretty happy about it.

Trouble is when your working on block paving it just floods under whatever you put.. I get a fair few complaints..

I've never really had an issue - but have thought about the concept - normally I just clean up afterwards - before it dries ? 

i was on a course a while back and this conversation came up, I can't remember exactly the ins and outs as I had brain freeze but someone said they used 15mm hose pipe with a hoseloq at one end and a hoseloq tap at the other so it could be filled will water and held there, then large pipe insulation wrapped around the hose to stop the larger bits of dirt and crud, maybe a wet/dry vac to hoover it all up afterwards? ie gutter vac, i'm too lazy to try all of these but, I think i'll be trying the sock idea though just to save time on mopping up after the driveway clean

Thanks for the replies, some useful information. The other issue is that the main road at the end of the block paving is resin bonded with loose shingle on it. I really do not want to have any sludge mix with this as it will make a complete mess and really difficult to clean up. Regarding the water barrier, I know there is a certain name for the product as I have seen other driveway cleaning contractors use them, but I cannot remember what it is called. 
thanks. 

Just brush the shingle back a few feet...make a mess - tidy up as much as you can and then 'cover' any residue by brushing the shingle back into place..hey presto pristine ? 

Latest Posts

Back