Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Monthly Salaried Furloughed Employees

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mike007

I have a feeling that maybe a lot of Monthly salaried employees obeying the guidelines by self isolating expecting to see 80% of their salary in their accounts on the 26th or 28th find it doesn,t happen because  their Companies do not have the Governments 80% promised funds to pay them. Hope that is not what will happen but Government is Government and I reckon if they find a loophole to prevent paying a firm they will. And if that happens the self isolation policy will start to collapse, which again may be to the Governments advantage in the long run.

Slightly off topic but if the government Wanted better isolation they should of given the self employed their money now rather than in June. More would of stayed at home rather than going out and doing some work just so they can pay bills.  

Slightly off topic but if the government Wanted better isolation they should of given the self employed their money now rather than in June. More would of stayed at home rather than going out and doing some work just so they can pay bills.  
My worry about us is they have said they will contact us by June....what happens come June they say need other info etc..or decide then that window cleaning is not included, and we should not of adhered to the lockdown policy!!

Must admit I'm slightly concerned as I've been furloughed from my part time job.

As much as I support the lockdown, there is a slightly sinister side to it too. Government has told thousands to start at home, then reduced their pay by 20% and then given themselves £10k to work from home where the media have no insight into what's happening like they do in the commons. Meanwhile emergency loans and funds aren't being distributed and even Mervyn ex-bank of England has said he's worried.

Interesting times!

My worry about us is they have said they will contact us by June....what happens come June they say need other info etc..or decide then that window cleaning is not included, and we should not of adhered to the lockdown policy!!
That's on my  mind aswell

I have a feeling that maybe a lot of Monthly salaried employees obeying the guidelines by self isolating expecting to see 80% of their salary in their accounts on the 26th or 28th find it doesn,t happen because  their Companies do not have the Governments 80% promised funds to pay them. Hope that is not what will happen but Government is Government and I reckon if they find a loophole to prevent paying a firm they will. And if that happens the self isolation policy will start to collapse, which again may be to the Governments advantage in the long run.
I put my claim in on Monday for furloughed staff, it was pretty straight forward so don't expect any problems with payments!  Still lots of headaches with lots of commercial work on hold now were back working again. 

Back