Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way to get rid of tree sap in my brush bristles?

Keep the water flowing through the brush, run your fingers through it a good few times, hopefully it should come off. 
move seen in your other post you have just got a PF trolley. Always keep the battery charged. When you’ve used it, charge it. We had one and we didn’t charge after every use and the battery died very quickly. Pure freedom then told us to keep it continually charged. After having to buy a new battery for it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep the water flowing through the brush, run your fingers through it a good few times, hopefully it should come off. 
Put it in a bowl of warm soapy water and keep rubbing your fingers through the bristles should come out provided it’s not to sticky 

move seen in your other post you have just got a PF trolley. Always keep the battery charged. When you’ve used it, charge it. We had one and we didn’t charge after every use and the battery died very quickly. Pure freedom then told us to keep it continually charged. After having to buy a new battery for it. 
I will keep on top of it. I always do that with my Gardiners backpack. Will the trolley last me a full day of working on a big school job I’ve got? That was the main reason for me buying it

Put it in a bowl of warm soapy water and keep rubbing your fingers through the bristles should come out provided it’s not to sticky 
I will get it in a bowl of soapy water this weekend and try to get it out. Fingers crossed it comes out. Thanks for the advice @Pjj

Will the trolley last me a full day of working on a big school job I’ve got?
I wouldn’t like to say, we used ours for four hours constant, never did full day with it. 
The new trolley I think they improved the battery ours was the original nano. I know the battery is different. It’s a good piece of kit, we did upgrade the battery charger to a cteck. 
Hope all goes well on the school?

When we have had this happen we soak the brush with TFR, it's not easy to shift though. Good reason to have a spare brush in the van.

I wouldn’t like to say, we used ours for four hours constant, never did full day with it. 
The new trolley I think they improved the battery ours was the original nano. I know the battery is different. It’s a good piece of kit, we did upgrade the battery charger to a cteck. 
Hope all goes well on the school?
Never had a trolley but a Gardiner back pack will run for  up to 8 hours a day on one charge so  should think a trolley should run all day ?.

I've always found that tree sap just washes out with water and regular use. Only issues I've had in this respect is when something else has been on the glass as well. WD40 to mention one, as some use it to revitalise their wood effect UPVC frames and get it all over the glass in the process. When this occurs I use Screwfix no nonsense degreaser. 

I usually find one of two things should work. Soak it in boiling water and it should be able to come off onto a cloth. Other way is to stick it in the freezer and after a few days it will break off with pliers but so will some of the bristles. ?

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies. Sorry about the late response, life has been a bit hectic lately. Boiling water and a bit of UBIK did the trick for me encase anyone ever comes across this thread in the future and is looking for a solution ??

Back