Paul Irving

Facebook adds during lockdown

Paul Irving

Hi, due to the current situation the interior painting and decorating side of my business is finished and will be a years until that market recovers, I started window cleaning this year and everything was going well, I have been on lockdown for 3 weeks but we still have to plan for months/ years ahead, it is achievable to operate as a window cleaner and be responsible regarding social distancing, so is anyone running facebook ads at the moment and what return/ jobs booked in is being achieved?

Chris33
On 16/04/2020 at 10:13, Paul Irving said:

Hi, due to the current situation the interior painting and decorating side of my business is finished and will be a years until that market recovers, I started window cleaning this year and everything was going well, I have been on lockdown for 3 weeks but we still have to plan for months/ years ahead, it is achievable to operate as a window cleaner and be responsible regarding social distancing, so is anyone running facebook ads at the moment and what return/ jobs booked in is being achieved?

Started one two weeks into lockdown and it done well..200 plus comments on it. Its like anything, how you set it up that matters

So for example I highlighted contactless payment on the advert, adding 400 quid to the run in the first month of lockdown

Had two nippy comments blocked them one angry face and hundreds of likes. 

Soaps and Shines
On 31/05/2020 at 21:22, Chris33 said:

Started one two weeks into lockdown and it done well..200 plus comments on it. Its like anything, how you set it up that matters

So for example I highlighted contactless payment on the advert, adding 400 quid to the run in the first month of lockdown

Had two nippy comments blocked them one angry face and hundreds of likes. 

ran a few facebook ad s paid with hardly any results only a couple of enquiries . but the best method is getting out there leafletting and calling back a few days later. I got 60 customers since the lock down. I go out every night and leaflet.

Chris33
1 hour ago, Soaps and Shines said:

ran a few facebook ad s paid with hardly any results only a couple of enquiries . but the best method is getting out there leafletting and calling back a few days later. I got 60 customers since the lock down. I go out every night and leaflet.

Right now its probs getting good for that yes. I have good success on all fb campaigns. The worst ever has probs been a £100 spend, picking up maybe that same amount in monthly regular windows plus a upvc clean and gutter. 

ksp
5 hours ago, Chris33 said:

Right now its probs getting good for that yes. I have good success on all fb campaigns. The worst ever has probs been a £100 spend, picking up maybe that same amount in monthly regular windows plus a upvc clean and gutter. 

What do you usually run as your advert? A video or a picture? I’ve never done well with Facebook ads. I was looking at an app to put together a video of before and after pictures this week but it didn’t come out as I’d hoped it would. I also tend to get the worst customers from that platform. I’m not sure why. 

Chris33
10 hours ago, ksp said:

What do you usually run as your advert? A video or a picture? I’ve never done well with Facebook ads. I was looking at an app to put together a video of before and after pictures this week but it didn’t come out as I’d hoped it would. I also tend to get the worst customers from that platform. I’m not sure why. 

Lately just back to minimal text ads. Ie working in x town next week I'll put a 7 day post up hitting that area saying "window cleaning in x next week frames and doors included etc get in touch for quote"

People move on this cos the service is imminent locally to them 

madeads
On 21/06/2020 at 18:58, Chris33 said:

Lately just back to minimal text ads. Ie working in x town next week I'll put a 7 day post up hitting that area saying "window cleaning in x next week frames and doors included etc get in touch for quote"

People move on this cos the service is imminent locally to them 

What is your CPC like and the conversion rate, assuming you're tracking the clicks to sales? And have you tried similar advertising platforms, like Google Ads? Any difference in results?

harunh

Ive picked up over 300 customers in the past 4 weeks all due to Facebook ads 😄 U cant beat Facebook ads 😉

madeads
On 01/07/2020 at 08:23, harunh said:

Ive picked up over 300 customers in the past 4 weeks all due to Facebook ads 😄 U cant beat Facebook ads 😉

That is pretty impressive. What are your costs on Facebook like, if you don't mind me asking?

And are you doing everything yourself or you've got someone who looks after the advertising side of things?

How would you compare Facebook to Google Ads, assuming you've tried both?

I can easily set up a Google Ads campaign and have the phone ringing the next day, but have never used Facebook Ads...