Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

More customers during the outbreak!

Dirty dan

Since this virus hit us all I was getting worried about where we stand with regards to working. I had a week off and tried to gauge what was going on in this forum, after reading the comments of many others on here I decided to get back out there.

ive got to admit that this virus has kind of done me a favour. Everyone is cleaning their houses because they have nothing else to do during lockdown and they finally notice how dirty their outsides are. Along comes fat Dan to clean their neighbours windows and I’m now getting loads of walk ups adding to my diary. These people would never normally see me because they’re in work. 

just wanted to give a positive note to this outbreak and hope you’re all getting the same responses I have. Only lost a couple of customers (understandably) but not had any negative comments. ?

Trying to keep ourselves low key at the moment on social media but just one van last week picked up 5 new jobs in one day.

We've had the busiest 3 weeks on record but i'm certainly not going to advertise the fact.

For my business to grow how it is during the middle of a pandemic is simply incredible. 

Everyone being home is a bonus for us to gain customers and its officially Spring.
No traffic, gates are always open, 10's of new customers every week, tips, quicker payments and no customer wanting to come out to chat. It's like the streets are paved with gold at the moment.

I haven't decided what yet but I will be doing something for the NHS.

No traffic, gates are always open, 10's of new customers every week, tips, quicker payments and no customer wanting to come out to chat. It's like the streets are paved with gold at the moment.

I haven't decided what yet but I will be doing something for the NHS.
Aye, my mate owes me a few hundred so I'll probably give it too a food bank. The NHS is a bit bizarre when accepting charity money, so I was reading, too much politics involved.

Yes I agree the enquires we have had over the last week has gone through the roof !,, I have about 20 phone calls to reply to tomorrow since Friday , and about the same in emails ?? unfortunately it’s going to be a no to the lot as I just cannot take on anymore work at this time .

I have a quiet week, only working tomorrow but my Author is calling me late afternoon. We are discussing a few chapters on my book which is nearly finished. Have decided to put it out on kindle download for free if it ever gets finished.

I'm working but hating it atm. Parking is a nightmare and so is everyone and their kids being in. The warm weather is making it worse as most are in their gardens. Add to that the feeling awkward and it's like working a Sunday morning. I'm just doing 2 or 3 days a week to keep ticking over but I can't wait to get back to normal. On the plus side I've only had 2 or 3 permanent cancels since this began and I've probably had half a dozen walk ups to replace them. Had maybe a dozen skipping a clean and I've had to miss about 10% of my round as I don't have contact details and I'm not just turning up. 

I think as a business there's loads of work to be had at the moment with everyone looking out of dirty glass but actually doing the work is depressing. 

It sucks atm but just trying to get through it. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back