Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Has anyone seen (or heard from) Bigfoot?

Davy G

I'm wondering if anyone has seen or heard from Bigfoot? I haven't seen him on the forum for a long time. I know he was having a tough time of it during the floods and he had to move out of his home for a while. It's tough now with the virus but for those that had to deal with the flooding as well it's been an absolutely atrocious few months, I'm sure.

Anyway, Bigfoot, if you read this I hope all's well with you and yours and that you find your way back from the wilderness in good order. ⚓?

Thanks @Davy G and everyone,

Yes 2020 has so far been a struggle to say the least!
After the flood it was difficult to find a suitable home as so many others in the region who were also flooded rushed into the rental housing market. We decided to look for a property further from home and are now an hour away from the nearest cleaning round. Insurance company however opened the check book and agreed to a property that is exceptional! Basically we have a farmhouse in a very posh area of the vale of Glamorgan near the coast so every cloud has a silver lining. Like everyone els I’ve gone through the rollercoaster of emotions regarding buisness and what the best course of action. Definitely an interesting year so far!

Thanks for your good wishes, much appreciated all.

After the flood it was difficult to find a suitable home as so many others in the region who were also flooded rushed into the rental housing market. We decided to look for a property further from home and are now an hour away from the nearest cleaning round. Insurance company however opened the check book and agreed to a property that is exceptional! Basically we have a farmhouse in a very posh area of the vale of Glamorgan near the coast so every cloud has a silver lining. Like everyone els I’ve gone through the rollercoaster of emotions regarding buisness and what the best course of action. Definitely an interesting year so far!

Hey! Great to hear you're OK. Your new location sounds great. Do you think you might be able to build a round near there to save your two hours a day travelling? Even if you had to start with just a few local jobs that you could build from.

Glad that you are dealing with it , we got flooded years ago it was only 6 inches of water nothing like what you have had but it does cause major disruption to life for months to come , it’s been a bad year so far but things will improve, keep your chin up and take each day as it comes , hope you are able to get back into your own home ASAP . 

Hey! Great to hear you're OK. Your new location sounds great. Do you think you might be able to build a round near there to save your two hours a day travelling? Even if you had to start with just a few local jobs that you could build from.
The thought has crossed my mind to build down here and sell on when I move back if this covid-19 crisis leaves any summer for meaningful canvassing.

The thought has crossed my mind to build down here and sell on when I move back if this covid-19 crisis leaves any summer for meaningful canvassing.
What about a local magazine, it is the biggest recruiter for our business. When you factor in travel time, wear and tear on the van, fuel cost and risk on the road it might be worth a shot.

Latest Posts

Back